Thursday, August 9, 2012

Getting on the Potty Train!

I sure can't believe how quickly this week has flown by.  We've been hitting potty training pretty hard over here.  I wouldn't say it's gone smoothly, by any means.  Rosie seems so interested in it one minute and so disinterested the next.  Every mom has told me that they will let you know when they're ready and not to worry about their age, so I haven't pushed her at all.  She's been talking about it a lot lately, so I thought that was the cue and decided to do it this week.  She got to pick out some new panties and she was pretty pumped.

 What girl doesn't love a new pair of panties! 
Being silly on the potty!  

The first day I had her sit down every few minutes and try to go, but she finally ended up peeing on the ground.  It seems like she was terrified of going on the potty.  I knew she just had to do it once to see it wasn't scary, so yesterday, we decided to camp out on the potty chair.  We watched shows, sang songs, played games, colored, ate, drank and were merry;)  Four hours later, we were FINALLY successful and she peepee-ed in the potty!!!  She got a sticker to put on her chart and one m&m (for some reason she calls them lemonades).   She went one more time that night.  Today didn't go as well.  We tried many times, but no luck.  I put a diaper on her when we went to the park this afternoon, because I wasn't sure if they had restrooms there.  She ended up going when we were there.  Oh, well.  I think we are getting closer though!

Like I mentioned earlier, this week has flown by.  On Monday night, Mark had a softball game and we met him for ice cream after.  On Tuesday night we had a little family evening.  We ran to REI to look for some shoes, then to Olive Garden for dinner.  We ended the evening at the Asheville Mall.  We each found a few little items.  I ended up getting some peachy-orangey jeans.  I'm a little nervous about them, but I love them, too.  I just need to figure out how to wear them.  Anyway, family night was awesome.  It was so fun to be together, but I was definitely exhausted by the time we got home.

I had book club last night.  It was a small group, but we still had many laughs and even some tears.  You gotta love women:)  The book seemed to be a hit with everyone who read it.  Again, if you are looking for a good summer read (I can't believe summer is almost over!) please read, "Angry Housewives Eating BonBons".  Our book for September is "The Kitchen House".  I'll let you know what I think.

Today we had lunch at the park with our friend, Heather and her kids, but we got rained out pretty quickly.  It was a nice outing, though.  Tonight we ran a few errands and then came home to clean the house and pack because we are headed on a little weekend trip.  Mark has planned us a mini-vacation to Charleston.  I'm so excited!   I'll be sure to take lots of pictures.

Here are a few pictures from the week...

So I cleaned out my purse this week and I found a gazillion bows/headbands!  Crazy! 
 I thought you might enjoy seeing Kiki's mullet.  Ya think it's probably time for a cut? 
I got the girls some shoes at Old Navy.  The white pair was only $0.47 and the jellies were $2.  I couldn't pass them up! 

No comments: