Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sew Tired

I'm taking a little break from sewing to write to you.  To tell you the truth, I needed a rest.  I wish I could say that sewing was a stress reliever for me, but sadly, it makes me tense.  I'm not that skilled at it, so I think that's the main problem.  I wish I was better than I am.  Tonight, I've been working on a few  projects and I'd show you pictures, but they are Christmas gifts.  I'll have to show you after they've been given.

I think the last time I wrote, I was getting ready for our Favorite Things Book Club.  It didn't disappoint.  Jackie hosted and she outdid herself!  The food was delicious and the discussion and gifts were great, too.  I drew number one, so I got to go first and last.  For some reason, this was very exciting for me, and I may or may not have danced a tiny bit.  Yes, I'm as embarrassing as ever.  I ended up with something I've really been wanting to buy.  I had in fact mentioned that I wanted one to two people last week!  It was a French press, along with some Starbucks coffee and the cutest mug.  Perfect!

On Thursday morning, we went over to a friend's house to make and decorate Christmas cookies.  The girls thought it was the best thing ever!!!  Our friends had recently gotten a new Golden Retriever puppy, and I have to say, he is the cutest thing I've ever seen.  He reminds me so much of our old dog, Cooper.  Just for a second, my cold heart melted and I thought very seriously about going right out and getting the girls one!  But then I remembered I'm still in the throws of potty training, and I should probably get one done, before I start on another.  I do think we're getting closer, though.

The rest of the week went quickly.  On Friday night, we went over to another friends' house for the loveliest dinner of soup and sandwiches.  We ended up staying way too late, and it was pretty hard to get up for Sabbath School and Church the next morning.  After Church, we napped until late afternoon.  We were supposed to go over to a neighbor's house for dinner, but at the last minute, they had to reschedule because of a sick kiddo.  Instead, we took the girls to the school for a special babysitting thing they were doing and Mark and I hit the town for a fun date.  We stopped at Starbucks for a warm drink, then headed downtown to our favorite Mediterranean Restaurant.  We did a little shopping and finished the night with dessert at a restaurant we had never tried.  It was great!

When we got back to pick the girls up, one of the babysitters told me that Kiki told her that she got a quarter every time she poops.  She wanted to see if she was supposed to give her one.  This took me by surprise, because 1) we've never given her any money for pooping and 2) I had no idea she knew what a quarter even was.  My child the entrepreneur/swindler!  

Today, I've done a whole lot of Christmas shopping.  I was able to mark pretty much everyone off our list, except one, and Mark is in charge of that one.  I'm feeling much better.  I still have a few gifts to make, but I got all of the supplies.  I still haven't sent out all my Christmas Cards.  They've been ordered, addressed, and stamped for days, but I can't seem to get them to the post office.  That's on my to-do list for tomorrow.

My French Press in action! 

My attempt at the Nativity Lunch! 

The belly dancer at the Mediterranean Restaurant.  It was so awkward when she came to dance by our table.  We didn't know what to look at!  What is protocol on that?! 

When I came home from shopping today, I found my three loves asleep on the couch together.  How sweet is that! 

Well, I better get back to sewing.  At least I have the Griswold family to keep me company as I work!  Best movie ever!

No comments: