Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Christmas and more

Wow!  It's been so long!  I mean a year has passed since the last time I blogged (this joke never gets old to me).   Things have been good.  We had a wonderful trip to Kansas City, Tulsa, and Memphis to visit our families and celebrate Christmas and New Years.  The girls did really well on the trip, although, it was really nice getting back home to normality!

I don't even really know where to start.  We've been busy and not busy at all, all at the same time.  The girls seem to be growing like weeds, and Mark and I are working hard at sticking to our New Year's resolutions.

Kiki has created her own bad word.  She uses it to be funny, or if she is mad at us, she calls us one.  We haven't figured out exactly what it means, but obviously, it's not nice.  Are you curious yet?  The word is boobyhiker.  I know!  Where does she come up with this stuff?  I'm so worried she's going to say it at school.  It's really embarrassing!

One conversation that I overheard this week that pretty much sums up my children...
Rosie:  Mom, when I grow up, I want to be an animal doctor.
Kiki:  Mom, I want to be an animal.

I'm really going to try and be better at blogging this year.  I hate forgetting things, and this is my only way to ensure I won't!  So, hopefully 2014 will be the year of the blog!

Here are a few pictures from the last few weeks...


While we were in Tulsa, my sister-in-law set it up for us to get family pictures done.  I threw our outfits together in a few minutes, and I don't love them, but it was so nice to have more pictures!

My sweet girls 

Our family!  There in the background is the barn I lived in during my first year teaching.  Well, it wasn't a full year.  I started getting scared at night when I would hear coyotes, and moved back in with my parents.  

The Whole Gang 

Papa, Nana and the Grandkids

This is the night before we left for Kansas.  We let the girls open their gifts from us before we left.  They LOVED the whole process.  They also loved having three different Christmas's!  

One of the only pictures I took in Kansas!  Sweet little bathers.  These kiddos got along so well.  We didn't hear any bickering the whole visit!  We miss seeing these four grow up together. 

It was good to see my sis-in-law, Lisa! 

Vivi, Nana and Kamryn 

It's so nice when we are all together!  There are days that I would do anything to live in Tulsa again.  I hate being so far from my family.  

Kiki loves her some Greyson.  Poor kid got A LOT of love on this trip. 

Sweet little man

I can't get over how much this kiddo has grown.  

Another treat was lunching with these two ladies on my trip.  I miss them so much and couldn't be prouder of their successes.  Can't wait for them to come visit us:)  

  






No comments: