Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Slowing Down

Happy Hump Day!  It's been a nice week so far.  Last week was a little crammed and I'm loving the slower pace this week is bringing.  The group I sing with had a big performance on Saturday, and it seemed like every minute was taken with practicing.  I'm always a nervous wreck leading up to things like that, so I'm floating on air now that it's all done.  Whew!

I have a few projects I'm working on around the house.  Mark built me some awesome shelving in the unfinished part of the basement and it's my job to organize all the holiday decor, girls old clothes, etc.  I've also been trying to eclectify (I know it's not a word) my bedroom.  I have a hard time making decor seem effortless and unmatchy.  I'm really trying to do that in my bedroom, but I'm struggling.  When I get it all done, I'll take some pictures.

The girls are doing well.  They really keep me on my toes!  My dad gave the girls some harmonicas when we were there at Christmas.  Isn't it funny how those people who don't have kids or don't have any around anymore love to give noisemaking gifts?!  Well, the girls LOVE them.  Last night, we had put the girls down for bed and after much laughing and talking, things had finally gotten quiet.  Mark and I could finally relax for the evening.   Then, all of a sudden, we started hearing dueling harmonica music coming from their room!  It was so surprising that we couldn't help but laugh!  I think my dream of a traveling family band is getting closer and closer!

I think I've mentioned it on here before, but my feet have a problem.   They apparently go nuts when I sleep and after awhile, I put holes in my sheets!  Crazy, huh?!  I just ruined my third set of sheets.  Yesterday, while the girls were at Mother's Morning Out, I spent some timing picking out some new ones.  I actually bought two, and let Mark make the final decision.  One set had a print that I loved, but a very low thread count.  The other was sort of cute, but very soft.  Mark actually choose the good print ones.  We realized what a horrible decision we made last night.  It felt like we were sleeping on sandpaper.  From here on out, it's comfort over beauty!  I guess it won't be long before I put a whole in these and we can get new ones.

I haven't taken too many pictures lately.  Here are a few off my phone...

 On Saturday night, Mark and I tried our hand at sushi making.  It was so fun and yum!

We also made lettuce wraps.  Mom Murrill would be proud:) 


I opened up my blistex and found an olive and some tomatoes.  Aren't two year olds creative? 

It snowed yesterday!  It was those big beautiful flakes.  We were sad it didn't stick around, but the girls still had fun! 






No comments: