Sunday, December 27, 2015

Merry Christmas 2015

It's been a bit since I last signed on to my blog.  I actually forgot how to log on!  That probably could be blamed more on my forgetful brain than on time, but nonetheless, I forgot.  I guess I just needed a good long break.  Life had gotten rather complicated and time wasn't as free, so I put it on hold.  I have to say, I missed this.  I really missed it.  I hate not being able to go back and see all of the things we did over the last year!  I have to admit that I haven't done any writing and I feel like that skill, if that's what you want to call it, has completely left me.  It may take me awhile to get back in the grove.  If I have any readers remaining on this little blog of mine, I hope you can bear with me.

We had a really nice Christmas!  It was our first Christmas, just the four of us.  This was exciting and fun and a little sad, all at the same time.  We loved just being us and not having to go anywhere, but not seeing our close family at this time is always a bummer.  Luckily, we had seen both of our families at Thanksgiving time, so we are still riding high from a nice extended visit then.

The weather here has been rather dreary.  Cloudy and rainy, but on the warmer side.  Not quite a white Christmas!  On Christmas Eve, we all headed to the gym for some pool and workout time.    That night we were all involved in the Christmas Eve program at our church.  I had to sing, Mark had to do a reading and the girls were in the children's choir.  It was a lovely way to get ourselves into the Christmas spirit.  It was pretty late when we got home, but we made sure that we had time for opening our one Christmas Eve gift, which was and always will be...PAJAMAS!  The girls were super excited when they opened up jammies, which was rather surprising.  Rosie actually yelled and jumped up and down.





On Christmas morning, the girls were up with the sun.  We got around, read the Christmas story, opened gifts and then had a late lazy breakfast.  Can I just say, the girls ages are so much fun at Christmas.  Everything is EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANTED!  I just loved every minute of the magic of present opening, they seemed to feel the same way.  After breakfast, we headed out on a family bike ride and finished the day with take out Chinese food, like all good Americans;).


The bike "she ALWAYS wanted"

The teepee "she ALWAYS wanted"

All the kids love the Shopkins these days.  I totally don't get it.  

Christmas Breakfast

I would really love to pack this post full of pictures, but I'm having some issues with the ole' cloud.  I know people joke about not understanding the cloud, but friends, it's no joke over here.  I do NOT understand where my pictures are.  I see them on my phone and on my computer, but when I go to upload them to my blogger, no such luck.  I'll get it all figured out soon, hopefully.  I'm gonna get off of here.  We are knee deep in the fifth season of Parenthood.  Guys, WATCH THIS SHOW, if you haven't already!  It's SO GOOD.  

Anyway, it's good to be back. :)  




No comments: