Wednesday, January 6, 2016

It's freezing out there!

I was just sitting here this morning, thinking on my friends and how much they mean to me.  I have some of the best.  I know everyone thinks that, but really.  The girls in my life are amazing.  This year was a tough year and they were all so supportive, each in their own way.  Anyway, I feel exponentially blessed.  I wish more of those said friends lived closer or at least in the same time zone.  I've been wanting to text Andrea all morning about where to get Baby's Breath, but I didn't figure she'd appreciate getting that text at six in the morning.  

This morning, after taking Rosie to school, Kiki and I have done some cleaning, some "school" and some crafts.  It's been a slow day around here, which is just the way I like it.  I'm starting a book on tape (is that what they are still called!?) right now, titled, Cross Roads by W.M. Paul Young.  He wrote The Shack, which much to the chagrin of many others, I really enjoyed.  I found it stretched my thinking and I always appreciate a book that does that.  I'm excited to see how this book is.  I'll let you know.

I've wanted to tell you about something I got with my birthday money that has completely changed my world.  Well, my coffee/hot drink world.  I got a milk frother.  My friend Heather had one, and I much enjoy every coffee experience I have at her house.  I found an incredible deal on one ($30 instead of $130) and decided to take the plunge.  It has not disappointed.  I add frothed milk and creamer not only to my coffee, but to my chai tea and it makes it taste just like a coffee shop.  It also makes hot chocolate and the girls thinks it's a magical machine.  The hot chocolate is so much better all frothed up.  Anyway, I thought I'd share in case you were in the market for such a thing.  Stop by for a cup, if you're in the neighborhood:)

The weather has taken a turn for the cold and my body is really struggling to adjust.  I had complained about the heat, but I'm starting to realize just how good I had it.  When we took Rosie to school this morning, my van said it was 15 degrees.  I'm not sure I can handle much more of these frigid temps!  I hardly want to get out of bed, let alone get out of the house.  I accidentally sent Rosie to school on Monday with a sweater and no coat.  Mark took her to school that morning, so I didn't realize just how cold it was.  I guess I wasn't the only oblivious parent, because the class got a note home reminding us to send warm coats and hats.  Unless that note was just for me, and in that case, I'm completely mortified.

I've decided since I hardly posted last year, that I might start throwing a few pics in that I missed from things I want to remember.  Here's a pic from October and Rosie's pumpkin decorating contest at school.  She won first place in her division!











No comments: