Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Our New Year

New Years is always interesting with kiddos.  Staying up until midnight just sounds like torture now! Sleep is so much more important to me since having kids, and I'd rather not miss out on any.  This year, however, we decided to stay up and actually see the ball drop.  Some friends of ours invited a few families over for dinner and fireworks.  We made our own pizzas and had a wonderful time.  When it was time to put the girls to bed we headed home, along with another family, who came over to play some games.  We put all the kids to bed in one room, which sounds like a TERRIBLE idea, but it actually went great.  They all went to sleep relatively quickly and we didn't hear a peep from them.  The kids thought all sleeping in the same room was a dream come true, so it was a win/win.  

I'm not going to lie, staying up was hard.  We started out watching tv on the couches and soon realized we weren't going to make it until midnight lying on those.  After moving things to the kitchen table, it got much easier and more fun.  We played games and laughed until well after midnight and it was totally worth the loss of a few hours of shut eye. 

The next day, we went on an early morning walk (our girls don't care how late we stay up) and later,  met some friends at Biscuit Head for brunch.  It was amazingly good.  I'm a biscuits and gravy kind of girl, but these take it to the next level.  We then went to the Biltmore.  It was a wonderful start to 2016! 

Rosie and her sparkler 

Kiki was a FAN!

So cute:)

Mark enjoyed his sparkler, too!

Early morning pajama walk in our neighborhood. 

We were all dancing to our favorite song that morning, and I decided to snap a picture:)


Sweet friends and food

I had brought my camera to take a few pictures of Scarlett for Sarah.  She offered to take some of us and I'm so glad.  I just love them!  

We are ready for 2016!  2015 was one of our hardest years, but through God's AMAZING grace and a lot of hard work, we are ready for the future.  

Can I let you in on a little secret?  I never sent my Christmas cards out.  I have them and stamps, yet I didn't send them!  Would it be terrible to go ahead and send them now?  Be honest.  Would you guys think I was nuts?  Let me know.  Anyway, have a wonderful evening.  



  

 


No comments: