Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Christmas Quandary







Okay, I think I am probaby the only person in the world who hasn't even started Christmas shopping yet.  I am horrible!  I don't know how I will finish in time.  I had all of these grand ideas of making many people's gifts this year.  I figured that I would have all of this free time when I stayed at home with Monroe, but sadly I had none.  And now that I have started back to work, I want to spend all my time with Mark and Monroe when I get home.  

We did go shopping last night, but all we came away with was sweaters for the Tacky Christmas Sweater Party we are going to on Saturday night.  We thought it would be super easy to find a really tacky one at goodwill...well, we were mistaken.  I guess everyone and their brother wanted one of those sweaters this year, and we literally could not find one..NOT ONE!

We didn't give up, of course.  You see we have been doing some major trash talk with the host of this shindig as to who will come with the tackiest sweater.  We had to find something!  So we changed our strategy and tried some other stores  that we thought would probably carry holiday sweaters (Walmart, Kohls, Ross, TJ Maxx, Burlington Coat Factory, JC Penny's, Macy's).  Can you believe NONE of those stores had any?!

We ended up finding some at Dillards but they were $40!  We are competitive, but not THAT competitive.  There is no way I'm spending $80 on a Christmas sweater I will never wear again.  Just when we thought there was no hope, we tried Sears.  Lucky for us, they had an array of Christmas attire, on sale.

We purchased our items and were headed on our way, when we came across some lovely christmas brooches!  We purchased a nice "Christmas Cat" brooch to adorn my lapel and tried again to leave Sears.  We had almost made it out the door, when Mark found the most amazing Christmas tie ever!  I've never seen anything like it.  The cashier must have thought we were completely nuts as we kept coming back with these "interesting"items.  Oh well!  We'll have to take some pics the night of the party in all of our Christmas glory:) For now, you can gaze in awe at these amazing Christmas finds.

The Amazing Christmas Bulb Tie
The lovely cat brooch that will adorn my sweater.


The two Christmas Sweaters (left one: mine right one: Mark's)


I started working on Monroe's Christmas sweater tonight.  It involves bells, white fur and a glue gun.  Yikes!

Anyway, I totally lost track of what I was thinking at the beginning of this blog.  I haven't gotten any Christmas presents.  Part of me just really wants to forget all about presents and just focus on the amazing gifts God has given us this year.  I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family.  I truly couldn't ask for more!  Monroe has really been the icing on the cake:)

Here are a few pics we took of her tonight.  She must have woken up on the wrong side of the crib today, because she's been a little cranky.  But even her cranky, is so sweet:)













No comments: