Monday, December 14, 2009

Weekend Update








I swear this weekend flew by!  I can hardly remember it all.

Mark usually picks little missy up from daycare, but on Fridays, I do because I get out early.  It was so fun to see her little smiling face, all ready to go home.

We got home and were able to relax and play a little before I had to start baking cupcakes for the Annual White Elephant exchange at the Ellis'.

The party was a blast!  The food was yummy and the company was oh so entertaining.  The highlight of the evening for me was trying on a long blond Hannah Montana wig on Monroe.  She was sleeping through it all, but it was pretty hilarious.   

I went home from the party with a Paris Hilton cd:)  Yes, you read it correctly...Paris Hilton.  Mark got a game, which I am excited to play.  

We got home and crashed.  I guess the week had caught up with all three of us.  On Saturday morning, we had the "Reindeer Run".  It's a 5k that benefits the Girl's and Boy's club of Orlando.  I had planned to walk the race with Monroe, instead of run this year, but realized the night before that no strollers were allowed.  So instead, we waited with Tasha and Colton at the Finish line.  It was a fun time.  We were very proud of daddy and enjoyed cheering him on. 


Later that night we had the Tacky Christmas Sweater party at the Ducketts.  What a fun party.  Those Duckett's really know how to have a good time.  The games were fun, the food and snacks were so good, and I hadn't laughed like that in a long time.  I am very proud to say that I won the Tacky Sweater Contest!  I had some VERY fierce competition.  I mean there were even sweaters that lit up!!! Actually, Mark had the second most votes.  The Murrill's brought it!  Monroe too had a tacky outfit, but she preferred to nap in the guest room.



There was a white elephant exchange there as well. I had made it through the whole thing with a Starbucks giftcard, but the last person stole it and I ended up with toliet paper!  I was so bummed.  I had my eye on the Glee Soundtrack and this Scrabble card game I had been wanting.  Then after it was over, the guy who got the Glee CD, asked if we could trade!  He had no idea how magical the cd was and figured he would use toilet paper more.  I traded, no questions asked!  Then, if my night couldn't get any better, the fellow who had won the scrabble game, told mark he could have it if he gave him his Christmas tie...you know the one that was pictured earlier?!  He gladly handed it over and the Murrill's pretty much had the best night ever!!!!

Sunday was pretty low key.  We did a little Christmas shopping and went for a walk at Cranes Roost.  Monroe and I both have colds and we crashed pretty early.  So that was pretty much our weekend!  I hope everyone is well.  I can't believe that Christmas is only like 12 days away and I haven't even started on Christmas cards!  I apologize to everyone.  Man, motherhood has truly slowed this girl down!  I used to be so on top of things.  Oh well, it's worth it:)

2 comments:

Mellie said...

Hey Steph,

Love the blog! Thanks for coming to our party and sorry you had to leave with the Paris Hilton CD. If it makes you feel any better, Trisha conveniently left the wooden figures at our house. Congrats on the win at the sweater party, all your shopping paid off.

Hope you and Monroe feel better.

Mellie

Melissa said...

I love the pictures - Monroe looks good as a blonde!