Monday, December 7, 2009

Something's Missing



One of my favorite poems as a kid was by Shel Silverstein, called "Something's Missing".

I could explain it, but it will make more of an impact if you read it for yourself.

"I remember I put on my socks,
I remember I put on my shoes.

I remember I put on my tie
That was painted
In beautiful purples and blues.
I remember I put on my coat,
To look perfectly grand at the dance,
Yet I feel there is something
I may have forgot—
What is it? What is it? …"

Above the poem was this picture...



I thought this was hysterical then, and to be honest, I still do today. (Yes, I have the sense of humor of a 6th grader.)

During my pregnancy with Monroe, I kept a blog and had such a wonderful time doing it. It was a great way to keep all of our family and friends up-to-date with what was going on in our lives and also was the perfect way to document the whole experience. I realized the other day, that I missed doing it. I loved writing my blog every few days. It served as an outlet for me--a way to express my creativity, if you will. I guess I felt a little like the guy in the poem...missing something. I needed to start a blog.

So here it is. It will be a little different now. No pregnancy pics or morning sickness stories, but I can share all about new momhood and how the light of our life, Monroe, is growing and developing.

Anyway, so here is my new blog. I hope you enjoy. Love ya!

Steph

Picture and Poem by Shel Silverstein.

No comments: