Thursday, September 23, 2010

Are your ears ringing?

As far as days go, this was a good one.  We had a lot on the agenda and were able to get most on the list crossed off.  

Monroe and I decided it would be fun to visit Petco.  I wanted to see what she would think of all of the animals.  As suspected, she LOVED them.  She was especially intrigued by the birds.  She just laughed and laughed at them.  

She also really enjoyed the fish.  I guess you could call Petco the poor man's Shedd Aquarium.  At this point, Monroe doesn't seem to know the difference, so I will save the $30 and continue going to Petco as long as I can get away with it.  

After leaving Petco, we went next door to Bed, Bath & Beyond.  I have been looking everywhere for one of these:


Lucky for me, they had them there.  I don't know why I am so excited about this cup, but I definitely am.  I really need a special cup to drink water in, or I won't drink it.  A straw also makes drinking water more exciting for me.  It's the little things that get me going:) 

After running a few more errands, we came home, and I did some crafting.  I saw a tutorial for making the cutest earrings using vintage buttons.  Now, I don't have my ears pierced, but a lot of my friends do, and I thought it would be fun to make a few for them.  I ended up going a little nuts!!!  I can't wait to give them away.  I just love them.




These are some I am sending to a special friend.  

This is a close-up of my favorites 

In other news, I kind of splurged on a purse earlier this week.  I saw it a few days ago and I couldn't get it out of my mind.  I loved the size and the ruffles.  It was perfect.  I had to go back and get it.  Now I said splurge, but really it wasn't a splurge for most people.  It was actually a very good deal and I am so pleased with it.  


Mark and I went on a little dinner date tonight.  It was so nice.  Yes, our chaperone was there, too.  She quietly ate bread and salad and really didn't make a peep.  

Tonight were the season premieres of many of our favorite shows.  So we kind of just vegged out and watched TV.  I did some more crafting, but other than that, our evening has been super low key. 

So, that was our day in a nutshell.  Hope things are going well in your neck of the woods.  Miss you all and love you!  



1 comment:

Melissa said...

You got the purse! I'm so glad, I could tell you loved it so much. It's so you and very adorable! I love it too.

The earrings you've made are so cute! I really think you'd do well if you tried selling some of your amazing creations online. Just saying... :)