Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Really, Martha...Really?

I don't have to work today!  I am so relieved and so thankful.  I have to work tomorrow, but let's just focus on the present!;)

As I was getting ready this morning I was watching the "Today" show.  I love everyone on it and it just makes me happy to watch in the mornings.  I especially love when Martha Stewart comes on to cook because she is just so nuts.  Today she shared that she has never, in her whole life, had delivery pizza!!!  Meredith Vieira just looked at Martha like "Are you kidding me?"  Then Martha asked Meredith if she ever had.  Meredith said, "Uh, yeah",  clearly annoyed.  I found this to be a hilarious exchange.  Martha is on another planet:)

In other news, last night Mark ran upstairs to get something and Monroe and I were hanging out in the basement.  She all of a sudden became very quiet and I didn't see her anymore.  I went over to the stairs and there she was, almost to the top!  She has never been interested in the stairs before and all of a sudden she's climbed to the top.  Now with her increased mobility I am going to have to be a lot more careful!

I don't think I've mentioned on my blog my fascination with Polygamy.  That sounds bad.  I am not interested in it for myself, I am just so fascinated by the people and the lifestyle.   It all started after watching a 48 hours Investigates episode a few years ago.  I've been intrigued ever sense.  I picked up a book the other day about the beginnings of Mormonism and Warren Jeff's, the former Prophet of the Fundamentalist Ladder Day Saints Church.  It was really eye opening for me.  I really had no idea everything that was going on in Utah for so long.  So anyway, when I saw the commercials for the new show, Sister Wives on TLC, I was very excited.  It premiered on Sunday night and the Meharry's just happened to be here.  It worked out great, because Nicole has the same fascination as I do.  It was the craziest show I have ever seen.  There are three wives and at the end of the episode the husband told the family (13 kids) that he would be taking another wife, who he has been courting for the last few months.  Isn't that bizarre?!!!  Anyway, I kept wondering how they were not being prosecuted since polygamy is illegal.  Well, Mark sent me a CNN article yesterday that said they are now being investigated by the authorities.   I really wonder how things will turn out.  Pretty interesting stuff.  I don't know why I'm telling you all this, but these are the goings-on in my mind:)

Monroe and I just got back from a lovely day at the Cosley Zoo in Wheaton.  What an amazing place!  We went with Nicole and Ezra and Melissa and the boys.  We all had a blast.  It was so relaxing and serene and it only costs $3.00 for adults.  Kids get in free.  Monroe seemed the most intrigued by the chickens and the goats. Here are a few pics of the day...
Monroe enjoying a goat
Three of the four in the sandbox
She did NOT like this turtle
My girl and I 
The Adorable Meharry's 
I love this little person!
Group photo..It took a few tries, but it turned out great!

When I pulled up to the house, I noticed a package on the front steps.  I don't know about you, but seeing a package on the porch is probably the best feeling in the whole world.  I get so excited.  It doesn't matter if I already know what's in the box.  It's still great.  It could be drain cleaner and I would still get that feeling!  So imagine my surprise when I wasn't expecting anything and there was a package AND it had my name on it!!!!  It was from my mom and inside I found the best things ever...



Thanks, Mom!  I love them.  You are the best!

1 comment:

Mellie said...

I LOVE your new shoes! I have always wanted a pair but have never been able to justify getting them. They're even cuter with that awesome pattern too. You're mom rocks!