Sunday, September 21, 2014

Tea Parties & Lake Trips

It's been a busy last few days!  Last Thursday, I flew to Tulsa (JUST ME!!!) to see my family for the weekend.  My mom was needing help with an event she was doing and asked if I would be willing to pitch in and also to sing for it.  I was happy to help.  It was so wonderful seeing family and friends, even if it was short. Andrea, even made the trip up with Avie for the day!  What a treat to see them.  I didn't take many pictures, but here are a few...

Tea Party with my Mama! 

I love this girl!  So glad they made the trip! 

My sweet niece, Vivian, is all grown up!  What a sweetheart! 

While I was home, mom and I went through some old photos of our family.  They were such precious pictures!  I brought quite a few home with me and I can't wait to get them into frames.  I love these two of my sweet Mumsie...

How cute was she!!!

This is her as a young woman.  When I went to visit her when I was home, I have to admit, it was heartbreaking.  This was the first time she didn't recognize me and she just seemed completely out of it. It's so hard to see people I love, aging! 

I had such a nice trip away, but it was oh-so-good to get home to my sweet family!  I brought back a cold with me, that left me feeling yucky all week, but I still had fun being back! 

We made some treats this week.  These girls love to cook! 

Our Apple Cinnamon Muffins! 

The girls before school on Tuesday

They wanted me to take pictures of them to show Nana that they love their new shirts! 

One day this week, Emma came over to play.  Her mom and dad have been out of town, and her grandma needed to do a few things.  We were happy to have her!  The girls loved doing a leaf project.

I feel like these pictures show exactly the differences between my two girls.  

I have wanted to do something with these stools for months! 

I finally pulled the trigger this week. 

I also decorated the house for fall this week.  This is definitely my favorite time of year.  Oh, so cozy!

More Fall

One day this week, I came home to find these guys running around the neighborhood.  It was so cool to see them all!  

Twelve horses wondering into everyone's yard.  

They had gotten out of a neighboring farm and wondered into our neighborhood.  It was all very exciting:) 

On Sabbath, I had to teach Sabbath School for the first time.  For some reason, I was super nervous, but it was a small group which made it much easier.  After that, we came home, changed and packed.  Then headed to Knoxville to see Mark's friend, Mark and his wife Linsday at the lake house their family owns.  We had such a great time! 

So good to see this guy! 

Not the best pictures!  I took them in a rush on our way out the door.  Next time, I'll try to do better. 

Our day today has involved doing projects around the house, watching football, and even a round of naps for everyone.   We worked on something today that I hope to finish up this week.  I'm excited to show you the results and hope it turns out like I'm envisioning.   Stay tuned!   

No comments: