Friday, March 5, 2010

Boy, Oh Boy!

Well, it has been an exciting night.  Our dear friends, the Putt's, announced the gender of their wee one tonight!  They had a little "Gender Reveal" shindig at their house and we were invited via ichat.  It was great to see everyone from Florida and to celebrate the new little "MAN" that will be arriving in July!  I have had my bets on a boy since the beginning!  I just had a feeling and I am so happy for them!  They will be such great parents.  By the way, check out Tim's blog, www.timputt.com, sometime.  Now that we know for sure they are having a boy, I can get started on a little project for that dude.  

I have been working on little projects for all of our friends having babies.  In Florida, working full-time had left me little time to do any crafting.  (In fact, I still haven't totally completed Monroe's baby quilt!)  With my new work schedule, I am trying to figure out how to craft and watch Monroe.  To be honest, it is hard.  I am really getting excited though about some of the things I am working on.  I will post pics as I finish up.

Monroe and I went looking for some frames for a few of those projects.  We weren't as successful as we had hoped, but we were able to find one.  We also stopped by Target to pick up a few grocery items.  While there, I came upon the cutest little outfit for Rosie.  It reminded me of Spring, and I just couldn't pass it up.  


I know that my child has a lot of clothing, but she is lacking one thing...warm church dresses!  She has sundresses coming out the wazoo!  But hardly a one long sleeved dress.  This is unfortunate, as we live in the coldest place on earth.   The stores all seem to have Springy Easter dresses and I just can't seem to find wintery dresses at all!  I told my mom my dilemma and being the amazing Nana that she is, I received a package within two days.  She is crazy:)  She called and said there is another on the way!  

Here are the two dresses she was able to find.  I think they are so cute and can't wait to try them on her.  I have a long sleeve black onesie to go under the red one.  Thanks, Mom!     



Tonight I made a HUGE pot of the much celebrated "Hot Mama" Chili!  It is so yummy and is perfect for a cold Friday evening in Chicago.  I sure wish the Heinrich's were here to share with us!  That was kind of our tradition in Florida.  Although, the cold nights were harder to come by.

Melissa told me that Sunday is supposed to get up into the 50's!  We are so excited.  Mark said he planned on being outside all day.  It is nuts how incredible it feels to be outside after being cooped up for so long.  It makes me feel better to know that those of you in Florida are going through some rough weather as well. 

I took a few pics of the girl this afternoon.  She was looking so much like her daddy today, it was uncanny!  Here are a few from our "photoshoot".  


The loves of my life 


No comments: