Wednesday, March 31, 2010

We are addicted...

Hello, my name is Stephanie and I am a trashaholic.  It's true.  I don't know exactly how it happened, but it happened.  Since the discovery of the awesome dresser on Monday, my mind has been on nothing else.

Mark and I started thinking...maybe we could find more free furniture that people were hoping to throw out.  At first we laughed about it, and imagined ourselves being "Phyllis," the woman we saw on a recent episode of "Hoarders: Buried Alive" on TLC.  She would go out every night scouring neighborhoods in her truck, digging through people's discarded trash, hoping to find treasures.  Then, we got a little more serious.  Maybe we should just take a little drive and see what we come up with. 

So anyway, Mark dropped me off at home after work today, so I could start on dinner and he went on to get Monroe.  After he got home, he smiled at me and told me to look what he got for me on the back porch.  I was amazed at what I found.  A beautiful chair just waiting to be painted!  

Then, we went on a walk tonight around our neighborhood and we came home with not one, but two furniture items!!!!  One little table and a desk.  I know...it is embarrassing.  We have promised each other that we will stop.  We won't take anything else until I have finished with what I have.  That is, unless we find a real "treasure.  OH NO!  I am starting to sound like Phyllis! 

 
The Chair 
 
Front of desk
Top of desk
Front of table
Top of table


Stay tuned for the "after" pictures! 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Dear Phyllis,
I love your awesome finds. I can't wait to see what they look like. At least you are not hoarding cracked and taped under-bed plastic boxes.