Monday, April 26, 2010

It's been a while...

So, I was reminded today that I am really bad at keeping up with this blog.  It's true and I apologize.  I will TRY to do better.

Life has been somewhat uneventful the last few weeks.  Work has been kind of stressful, though.  I had to plan and execute my first event last week.  It went well, but I am so glad to have it behind me.  It involved me giving a speech, which is always nerve-racking.

This weekend we went to Michigan with the "other Murrill's".  Dwight Nelson was finishing up his series on "Angels" and Mark really wanted to hear it.  Mark was also craving his favorite sandwich from Baguette de France, so we loaded the cars and headed to Andrew's.  Church was nice and we had a lovely picnic after.  We visited the neatest carousel, saw Korine (Mark's cousin), visited with the Paradise's, and although I would love to say we ate a yummy sandwich at Baguette, I would be lying.  It turns out that with summer hours, it isn't open on Saturday night:(  We didn't figure that out until late Saturday evening.  Oh well!  It was a nice trip.

I have been doing some major crafting lately.  With the tight budget, I am finding new and creative ways to do gifts.  Here are a few baby shower gifts I have made...

       


Tonight, I finished up my Mother's Day gifts.  I will post those later.

So, "Potato Potluck" is this Saturday.  Mike has been the ringleader of this little shindig, but we are housing the event.  The guidelines state that all dishes must be made up of at least 50% potatoes.  I am making potato soup and, if I am able to track down the recipe, potato chip cookies.  If you know me at all, you know that this potluck is pretty much the highlight of my year.  Potatoes are my favorite food ever...hands down.  On a more somber note...I just read that breast-feeding moms have a harder time metabolizing carbs and will sometimes hold onto weight from carb consumption until they are finished breastfeeding.  *Insert deep sorrowful sigh*

My baby turned eight months old yesterday!  Can you believe she is practically one?!!!  Where has the time gone?  Motherhood has definitely changed me for the better.  I feel so complete now, and Mark and I have never been closer.  It's definitely been a good year.

Here are a few pics from the last few weeks...enjoy:)


Supporting the Bulls

My first event..."Volunteer Recognition Banquet"

Such a sweetheart

Bathing Beauty

1st Carousel Ride

The Murrill's 

No comments: