Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A free Tuesday!

Yep! I never get to stay home on Tuesdays, so today is quite a treat.  Shelley couldn't watch Monroe today and I didn't want to work Thursday instead, since we are leaving for Tulsa that day.  I just decided to take PDO today and stay home with my little lady.

This morning we are going to Schaumburg to the mall there.  They have a giant h&m and I can't wait to spend some time looking around:)  This h&m has kid's clothes and I always love them.  I have already started "self talk" to myself about not spending too much money!

So, something exciting happened at work yesterday.  We interviewed a girl to be our assistant!  We loved her and HR is offering her the position this morning.  I am so happy.  She will be able to be in the office every day and that will make my job so much easier.  I can't wait to have someone who can do the day to day things.  Every Tuesday I go to work and have so many emails/calls/notes to answer that I never feel I have time to do anything else.  Having an assistant will allow for me to focus more on volunteer recruitment which has definitely been lacking.  This is a huge answer to prayer and I can't wait for her to start.  I am pretty sure she will accept.  I'll let you know how it goes.  I have never had to manage anyone (besides a classroom of kiddos), so I am a little nervous.  

I have two friends that are having to go back to work in the next few days after three months of maternity leave.  If you don't mind, send a prayer up for them.  It is such a hard transition to go back and I really feel for them as they figure everything out.   

Well, I hear Monroe.  I better go feed the beast.  

No comments: