Friday, August 20, 2010

One!

I still can't believe that I am a mommy, let alone that I am a mommy to an almost one year old!!!  It is just crazy.  God has really blessed us and I can't thank him enough for such a wonderful little person.  Monroe is truly such a sweet baby.  Her big smile, kisses and laughs make my day!

We celebrated her birthday this last weekend.  It was early because Uncle Mike was going to be out of town on both weekends surrounding her birthday.  Here are a few pictures from the "Almost birthday" party...

Ready for the Party to begin!  Still a little groggy from her nap.
 
The table of goodies! 
She LOVED her cake
So sweet
Hanging with some friends
Pool Time
Some of the guests

It was a great day...although, I am so glad that it is over.  For some reason, I really was getting stressed out over the whole thing.  I don't know why.  I mean she's one...she won't remember anything:)  

Here is a little video of her eating her cake...


 In other news, Monroe won a photo contest on facebook!  How cool is that?!  I was pretty excited, because along with the satisfaction of winning, she got $100 to use at the little online boutique that hosted the contest.  It was so fun picking out the items she will get!  I can't wait for them to arrive.  I will take a picture of all of her loot when it gets here.  Here is the picture that she won with:


For some reason, I have really been dreading work lately.  The job is fine, I think it's just because I hate leaving Rosie.  She's so sweet and I just want to be with her all the time.  On Tuesday, I was so excited to get home, but she feel asleep on the way from the babysitter and slept the rest of the night!  I was sooo disappointed.  I kept going in her room and being really loud to try and wake her up.  She would open her eyes and then fall right back asleep.  Pray that I start to get more motivation!!

I am so excited, we are having Monroe dedicated in Tulsa over Labor Day.  I can't wait to go back.  We have only been home once since we had Monroe.  It will be so wonderful to see everyone.  Mark's parents and grandparents are coming and so is Carlos and Andrea.  YAY!!!!!   We will also be celebrating her b-day with our family and close friends from there on Sunday.  It should be so great.  I am literally counting the days.  

Well, I better run.  Love you all! 

1 comment:

Mellie said...

I've been waiting for you to post about this so I could tell you how wonderful Monroe's party was. You did such a great job and had no reason to worry. You have mad party throwing skills girl! =) My poor little girl will be lucky to have cake. Haha.

I'll be thinking of you all over Labor Day weekend while Monroe gets dedicated. Mei Li is getting dedicated the following weekend here at Markham Woods Church. We miss you there on Sabbaths! Come visit us soon.