Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday Nights Make Me Happy

Ah, to be home in my jammies with my family on a cool Friday night in October.  Does it get any better?  I think not.

We've had a busy last few days.  I worked on Thursday and it was NUTS!  I am helping with an event that has been consuming all of my time, to say the very least.  I am so glad that our new assistant started when she did.  She is getting done a lot of the little things that I just don't have time for right now.

As soon as work was done, I had to rush home and change and head to Maria's for Jen's baby shower.  It was so much fun.  Melissa, Maria and Yvonne hosted it and it was so great.  The decorations were ADORABLE!  It definitely had Melissa's touch.  That girl has mad decorating skills.  If you haven't read her blog, you should.  Here's a link.  Hope you don't mind me sharing, Sis:)  The food was so yummy (they ordered in from Maggiano's) and the cake was incredible.  The same girl that made Monroe's smash cake made it.

I have to admit something very sad...I hate three pieces of chocolate cake yesterday!  I had some at lunch, then my boss brought me some Portillo's cake and then I had a piece at the shower.  I really have to watch it.  I am definitely going to take a break from sweets for awhile.  They really don't even sound good to me right now.  I am sure they will in a few minutes, but right now, I could go without.

This morning I was awoken by the mix of Monroe crying and the worst smell ever.  When I entered her room, I was greeted by not only a very unpleasant odor, but an unpleasant sight.  Poor thing had had the biggest blowout of all time.  It had traveled up her back and into her hair!!!!  It was major.  After a good cleaning, she came to sleep with us.  She is the biggest bed hog of all time.  She usually uses my face as a pillow and Mark's head as a foot rest.  You gotta love her:)


Today we ran errands and cleaned the house.  Mark played golf with Kenneth, Mike, and Brandon.  They seemed to have a great time and we all met for dinner at Sweet Tomatoes.  It is a perfect place for all of us with our kiddos.  They can be loud and make a huge mess and no one seems the wiser.

Now, I am home and I really just want to sleep.  But before I go, I had to show you something that totally and utterly made my Friday...



Yes, that is another surprise box from my mom!  This time Monroe hit the jackpot.  Nana and Papa went nuts in Branson and got her lots of adorable goodies!  So cute.  


We loved every last item, but were most excited about the replacement skinny jeans.  I have been squeezing Rosie into a size 6-9 months pair, just because they are just so darn cute.  It is great to have some that actually fit her again!  Thanks Mom and Dad for thinking of us.  Your generosity is truly a blessing.  

No comments: