Monday, October 18, 2010

Done and Done

So, I have been working on a quilt for Monroe for a very, very long time.  Yes, you may recall that I started long before she was even born.  Well today, two months after her first birthday, I have finally finished!  I can't believe it took me this long.  It's a tie quilt so it really should have only taken me a few days.  Why is it, when you are doing something for yourself, it always gets put on the back burner?

When I gave it to Monroe today, I wasn't expecting much of a reaction, but to my surprise, she got so excited.  She kept laughing at the birdies and rolling all around on it.  She really seemed to love it:)  It was so sweet.   Here are a few pictures:

The Quilt


One of the little birdies that she loves so much

Enjoying her new blankie:) 

 Cuddling with daddy
My little chick

It's been a while since I last wrote.  Mark was in Florida all last week and I had my big event at work, so I was beyond busy being a working mommy.  I truly don't know how single parents do it.  I know I've said it before, but it's so nice having a partner who contributes so much.  I am sooo lucky and I become even more aware of it when he's gone.  

Yesterday, I somehow convinced Mark to go with me to Joann's.  I just had to run in and get something to finish up Monroe's quilt, but, like always, I ended up finding more than I had planned on.   I got some great seersucker to make Mark a scarf.  Here he is a picture of my handsome hubby sporting it... 


Well, I better run.  I've got laundry to fold and I have work tomorrow.  Love to you all! 


No comments: