Friday, October 8, 2010

Falling into Fall

I'm a huge lover of all things Fall...the leaves, the pumpkins, the briskness, pumpkin spice lattes, all of it.   You can count on me to have my fall decor up as soon as the leaves start to change.  (Maybe even a few days/weeks early)  

For me, Fall has become a time of reflection and thanksgiving. I just can't get over what an incredible God I serve.  A God that has brought me through the toughest of times and blessed me with the most amazing family and friends.  I'm just so very happy.

Why is it then, that I still struggle with contentment?  For example, I have a ALOT of shoes, I mean ALOT.  It's actually too embarrassing to say how many I have.  But, I swear, if I go shopping I see a dozen other pairs that I feel that I absolutely need.  Luckily, I've learned to restrain myself, but I still find this troubling.  I live in a lovely home, but I am always looking for something bigger and better.  WHY?!  My new prayer is for contentment.  I have been blessed with so much.  I am going to strive to enjoy each and every thing I have and stop always wanting more.  

So, a few years ago, Mark and I invested in bikes.  Since Monroe was born, they haven't even been touched!  Well, that's not exactly true, I moved mine out the way the other day when I was getting my fall decor out of the garage:)  Periodically, I look on craigslist for a bike stroller and this afternoon I hit the jackpot!  Some people were selling theirs in the next town over for a very fair price.  I offered even less, and they accepted.  We picked it up earlier and I am so excited to take Monroe on her first bike ride tomorrow.  Yay!  I'll be sure to post some pictures.

Mom Murrill dropped in for the night last night!  She was on her way to her 40 year high school reunion and needed a place to crash.   It was great to see her, even if only for a few hours.  

Well, I better get to sleep.  Sadly, I don't have any new pictures to share.  I need to charge my camera battery, but for some reason it has been an impossible task for me to complete.  Maybe I will go do that now.   Have a relaxing night!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm so excited for you guys getting a bike stroller! You're motivating us to get the missing part to ours. Then let's take the kiddos for a ride together! If we can get our old bikes to work, that is...