Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Something from Nothing

I've had a hard time coming up with something for Monroe to wear for Halloween.  I really didn't want to spend much money, so I decided to give myself a challenge.  I had to come up with a costume for her without going to the store at all.  I looked through magazines and tried to get ideas.  I found one that I thought was so cute and very doable with what I had around the house...a fifties girl.

Last night I got started and made her a poodle skirt and a little belt.  I am pairing it with a black long sleeved shirt, a little scarf of mine and her black mary-janes.  I tried it on her tonight and it fits perfectly.  I am so excited because it is so cute!  I think she will look adorable at the Hinsdale Church Fall Festival and it didn't cost me a thing!


Things have been tough around our house.  Mark and Monroe have both had some severe stomach issues.  I've been pumping Rosie full of liquids and she seems to be feeling better.  She has a horrible diaper rash, though.  She's never had a problem with diaper rash before, so this is very new to me.  She cries and cries when I change her diaper.  My mom recommended using a warm washcloth instead of wipes and that seems to be better.  Tonight I gave her a warm bath with baking soda and let her play without her diaper on for over an our (both things prescribed by the internet).  Hopefully, that gets the healing process started.  I just feel so bad seeing her in pain.  On a happier note, she LOVED not wearing a diaper.  It was so funny to see her naked little bootie wandering all of the house.  So cute, but I have to admit, a little nerve wracking.  I just knew I would find little puddles around, but luckily she had no accidents...whew. 

My poor Mark, on the other hand.  He is super sick.  He looks really pale and has very little energy.  I feel so horrible for him.  


Tonight I was able to chat with one of my besties, Tasha.  It was so WONDERFUL to talk with her.  I had almost forgotten how much fun we have when we talk.  Our parenting ideas are very much the same, as well as our personalities, so we always have tons to talk about.  Oh, how I miss her!!!!!!

Mark is leaving next week for Florida.  I wanted to go with him SOOO bad, but it just happened to fall on the main event I am helping with for the hospital, the Fall Festival of Flavors.  I really am just going to have to figure out a time to fly down there soon.  There are at least four babies that I really want to hold and kiss on down there!

Well, I better run.  Love you all.

2 comments:

Mellie said...

Nicely done on the costume! I can't wait to see Monroe in it. Sorry to hear everyone is sick. Hope they get better soon! I can't believe you won't be able to come down here with Mark. Plan a trip soon, we all miss you!

Michelle said...

I love how creative you are! I was just telling Stephen the other day that I love your creations and wish I could do all the crafty stuff you do! I wish you lived closer so I could learn! The costume is so cute! I can't wait to see pictures of it!