Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Like Mother, Like Daughter

I've been waiting for it to happen, but when it did, it still made me laugh so hard.  Monroe has decided to start "nursing" her babies.  She has been pretty interested in the whole process since we brought McKinley home and I'm frequently bombarded by rather personal questions when I'm nursing.  Yesterday, I came in the room and she had my nursing cover on and was feeding a small giraffe rattle.  I think what I find the most amusing is that she isn't nursing her baby dolls, she is nursing strange toys.  The two items in the picture are her latest victims.  I also found some of my breast pads in her shirt when I was changing her this morning.  It's so sweet to me how much she wants to be like mommy.  It's sweet, but also a little scary.  It really inspires me to try and be the very best person I can be.  I just pray that God continually works on my heart to be someone my girls can look up to! 

So, Mark left this morning for North Carolina.  He started on the house hunting process this afternoon!  I am so excited and so nervous all at the same time.  The idea of owning a house again sounds really amazing.  We sent quite a few of the houses we found on Realtor.com/Zillow to the realtor and Mark was able to look at some today.  There was one that really stood out and I'm super excited about, but I can't get ahead of myself.  He has almost twenty to look at tomorrow!  Please be praying that God helps us find the best place for our family!

I'm a little nervous about having both of the girls all by myself these next few days, especially the night duty part.  Mark helps out so much and I realize it even more when he's gone.  Nicole has said if things get crazy, she would be happy to come stay with me.  I figure I will see how things go tonight and then decide.  It's pretty lonely here in the house without Mark.  Both girls are sleeping and it's very quiet!!!  I have been able to write this, which rarely happens anymore and have almost finished up some much overdue laundry.  I also partook in something that Mark doesn't care for...Binner--Breakfast for dinner.  I had waffles and they were oh-so-good.  I forgot how delightful waffles are!!!

While I'm on the subject of food, I was recently told that my blog focuses a lot on food and that I may overuse the word "Yummy".  I admit, Yummy is my go-to word to describe food.  I'm guilty as charged, but I have to be honest, food is a pretty important part of my life.  I really enjoy eating good food and that's probably not going to change any time soon.  I will work on cutting back on the "yummy" usage but my posting about food will more than likely remain...sorry:)   

Nicole and Ezra came over today.  We ate lunch at a little Mexican restaurant by our house and then headed to Savers to look for books for the kiddos.  We both ended up finding some great books and left with at least 20 a piece.  I still can't believe that I was able to get 20 amazing children's books for $10.00!!!  Isn't that such a steal?  You can hardly buy one book for that much at most stores!  I also found a few items for Rosie.  Because the weather has been a little cool, I realized that she has hardly any clothes for fall!  I figured these pieces would work great for cooler weather and they were such a good deal.

                                       

The colder weather has also shown me that Monroe has grown out of all of her colder weather shoes!  She has none.  I had to squish her feet into some too small shoes today!  Mark and I went to look for her some shoes over the weekend without any luck.  Tomorrow, I'm going to try again.  I've decided to get her a pair of converse and then I'm going to order her a pair of Toms.  I'm deciding between a few, but I really like the pink corduroy and the silver ones.  I'll let you know what we end up with.  Both Converse and Toms are pretty versatile, so I think they should work for awhile.  

So, somehow I scheduled both my postnatal appointment with my doctor and McKinley's doctor's appointment on the same day, at the same time.  Brilliant planning on my part, I know!  I called my doc's office today and I am now rescheduled for tomorrow at 10 am.  Nicole is going to come over and watch Rosie when I go.  What a relief!!!  I really didn't want to bring her if I didn't have to.  I wasn't prepared for the questions I would get if she had to sit through me getting an exam with my feet in stirrups.  I would never hear the end of it.   

I cannot believe that my little Kiki is already a month old!  Nicole pointed out that her due date was yesterday.  Wow!  I can't imagine still being pregnant.  Time has really flown by.  She is such a sweet baby and she is definitely plumping up.  I can't wait to find out how much she weighs.  Her appointment is on Friday, so I'll let you know then. 


Sherlyn sent me a few of the pictures she took last night!  I just love them.  I can't wait to see them all.  Here are a few that she posted on her FB site. 




Well, I should probably head to bed.  I have a feeling that I may get very little sleep tonight:)  Love ya! 

1 comment:

nicole said...

I had such fun with all of you girlies today...Ezra talked non-stop about Ro-Ro and Kinley from the time we got home till he went to bed, so I know he had a fabulous time too. Glad things are going well without Mark. Good luck tonight. Call me if you need anything!