Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Our last hoorah!

So, time is ticking away and we have less then two weeks before we head to NC.  We still have no place to live, but a few prospective places.

Melissa is heading out of town tomorrow and we knew it would be hard to work in some quality time before we left, so we decided to be spur of the moment and went downtown last night.  The guys left work a little early, we left all four kids with some friends from church (God bless them) and headed out on the train for some touristy Chicago fun!

 Riding the train...looking rather suspicious of each other.
 The Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) from the ground 
 Sisters 
 Mark and his hero
 She's not our hero, but we like her:) 
 The view from the top
 I love this shot of them!
 The Sky Deck!  What a weird feeling to be so high up!
 I love these feet! 
 I have to admit, I got a little queasy up there! 
 Our boys
 Fun elevator pictures! 
 Mike Murrill, Male Model?  Nope, Mike Murrill, CFO. 
 Just me!
 The Bean 
 Our very Chicago-y dinner of Chicago Hotdogs (veggie) and Garrett's popcorn.  No better combo:) 
The Navy Pier at night is magical! 

It was a great night, although I did worry about the littlest of the bunch some.  When we got back, the kids were still running around like a bunch of crazies, so I think it is safe to assume that they had a great time and hopefully did well.  That's what they told us, but you never know for sure.   

It still hasn't sunk in that we are really leaving.  We have loved living near Mike and Melissa.  They truly are some of our very best friends.  I have enjoyed seeing the boys grow up and it breaks my heart to know that it will be from a distance now.  I am keeping my fingers crossed, that one day we will live near each other again.  

No comments: