Thursday, April 4, 2013

F is for Flower

So, I guess I got way too excited about the nice weather yesterday, because today was awful.  It was rainy and cold pretty much all day.  We were homebound.  I guess we didn't have to be, but the idea of getting out in it with the girls, was just too much.  

We had a nice day, though.  We read, colored, played, took an extra long bath--if those things don't constitute a good day, I don't know what does.  We also did a little school.  If you are following along at home, we are working on "F's" this week.  Rosie is still really enjoying her school time.  In fact, it's the first thing she asks me about every morning.  Well, after she asks if she can have french toast sticks for breakfast.  She also asks about french toast sticks every night before she goes to bed.  The kid is obsessed with french toast sticks, but that's a story for another time.  I love it when Rosie recognizes a letter she's learned on a sign or in a book.  She gets so excited.  It makes me so proud.  

 Working on her flower "F"

My little artist 

Her finished product 

Even Kiki has gotten in on all the letter love.  She's gotten used to hearing Rosie show me letters and now will point out random letters in books and say, "B!"  Of course she has no idea what she's talking about, but I think it's pretty sweet.  My favorite thing that she does right now involves her praying.  Every time she's done praying for our food and we say amen, she does a quick clap, like when coaches get done with huddles.  It's very inspirational and we've all started doing it.  I would highly recommend incorporating it into your mealtime prayers.    


No comments: