Monday, January 4, 2010

A new year, a new way of doing things...

So, since having Monroe, my exercise regime went from 3 -4 times a week to, um let's see....well...carry the one....0 times a week!  Yes, I know...it's embarrassing.  I cannot blame the little lady for my weight, because I lost my baby weight about six weeks after I had her.  I have just started gaining again in the last few weeks after  my workout schedule fell off the face of the earth.

So anyway, I am being realistic with myself.  I probably won't be able to work out as much as I could before I had Monroe, or even right after she was born and wasn't working.  I work full-time now, and we recently dropped our gym membership.  I just couldn't justify leaving her with the gym daycare while I worked out, after leaving her all day!  It just seemed selfish.  So anyway, I am going to continue to walk with Monroe and have decided to focus on portion control for 2010!  I am a lover of big...err, huge portions.  I always take seconds and I eat fast, so fullness doesn't catch up with me until it's too late.  It doesn't help that I LOVE food and I enjoy the act of eating so very much.  It is so fun.  If you know me at all, you know how true this is.  So my goal is to cut it in half.  I am also going to try to slow down while I eat and really enjoy every bite.  I'll let you know how that goes.

Monroe is definitely get more and more fun everyday.  She cracks me up.  She has started singing/talking all the time.  She is so silly.  I would show you on video, but the kid is video shy.  It is so annoying...she'll be doing all this hilarious stuff and every time we go to capture it on video she immediately stops and becomes as stoic as a statue!  Then as soon as I shut it off, she starts again.  Do you remember that cartoon of the frog that dances and sings show tunes for that guy and when he tries to show people, he acts just like a normal frog?  I feel like that poor guy!  I will keep trying.

Another one of my goals is to be more organized with my meal planning for the week.  I have decided to post my Monday Meal Plan every week (fingers crossed).  I will try to include recipes if I can.  Here are our meals for this week:

Monday:  Peggy's Vegetarian Meatballs and Mashed Potatoes (Sorry, not allowed to share this recipe, unless you email me and beg for it..and you swear not to tell Peggy :)

Tuesday:  Taco Salad

 Ingredients:
 Lettuce (chopped)
Tomato (chopped)
Celery  (chopped)
Cucumber (chopped)
Olives (drained and chopped)
Cheese (grated)
Black beans (drained and rinsed)
Crumbles (cooked on stove...allow to cool for a few minutes)
Ranch dressing
Salsa
Chips (fritos or tortilla chips)

Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl to taste.  Enjoy!

Wednesday:  Mexican Baked Potatoes and Salad

Ingredients:
 (this recipe is for 6 servings, I only make 2)

6 medium baking potatoes, scrubbed
1 c shredded RF Mexican blend cheese
14 oz yellow corn

1 cup sour cream
½ c salsa

Prep:
Pierce potatoes and bake 1 hour @ 425 or until tender. Combine cheese, sour cream, and corn. Split potatoes lengthwise and top each with 1/6 cheese mixture. Top with Salsa.


Thursday:  Creamy Vegetable Casserole


Ingredients

  • 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower
  • 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
  • 1 carton (8 ounces) Kraft Philadelphia® - Cream Cheese Spread Garden Vegetable
  • 1/2 to 1 cup seasoned croutons

Directions

  • Prepare vegetables according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Stir in soup and cream cheese. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with croutons. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Friday:  Taco Soup 

Ingredients:

1 bag crumbles
2 cans corn
2 cans pinto or black beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can sliced new potatoes
1 can rotel
1 package taco seasoning
1 package ranch dressing mix

Directions:
 Cook crumbles in soup pan until browned.  Add all ingredients--do not drain cans.  Simmer for 30 minutes. Serve with fritos, cheese and sour cream.

Okay, so there's my plan.  Will I stick to it?  I don't know.  We'll see.  At least it is written down and I have something to refer to.  Let me know what you are cooking this week.  I need ideas and recipes.  Love you all!

1 comment:

Stephen Carlile said...

Peggy's Meatballs + Papa's BBQ sauce = heaven :)