Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Single Parenting is hard

So Mark left this morning to head to Chicago.  I was so sad to see him go, and that was even made worse because I was sick.  I am feeling a lot better this evening as I write this entry, so hopefully it is on it's way out.

I had a rough night, but I woke up this morning thoroughly planning on heading to work.  I tried to get Monroe and I both ready, but I realized I wasn't feeling good at all, so I ended up staying home today.  It was very nice to be able to take it easy.  We both just rested and took it easy.  I did realize how horribly hard single parenting would be.  How do people get anything done.  It's nearly impossible!

Mark spent today with a realtor checking out homes for us to rent.  We wanted to buy, but we knew we really needed to get to know the lay of the land before we committed.  He went to about 9 houses and he feels pretty good about a few.  Hopefully one of the prospects works out!  Be praying!!!

We talked to Mark on ichat this evening.  I really think Monroe knew that was daddy on the screen!  She is definitely a daddy's little girl, so she was excited to see his face and hear his voice...I doubt she was as excited as I was.  Man, I miss that guy.  It hasn't even been 24 hours and I miss him.

Tonight I've been trying to pack as much as I can.  I have started taking down the decorations.  It doesn't really look like I've made a dent, but I will keep trying to work on it.  I really wish that I could get this whole place packed up before Mark gets home tomorrow:)

I just had to stop and wipe a tear.  I have American Idol on in the background.  I usually hate the audition weeks, as the people are so crazy and are clearly there just to be on tv.   Well, I got caught up in the story of this little country girl from Tennessee.  She really wanted to get out of her small little town.  Well, anyway, I was crossing my fingers that she wouldn't be one of those atrocious candidates.  Luckily, she was really good.  They all put her through to Hollywood and she was just so happy and so was her family.  It may not seem very touching, but it was.  I've alway been a crier.  Oh man, just wait for the Olympics!  They always have those amazing stories about these people that overcome all odds to be there...I can't stop the waterworks!

I just went to check on the sleeping monster...Monroe.  The hulk had returned.  Somehow she had managed to work herself out of her clothes once again.   I truly don't know how she is able to accomplish this feat.  I mean, they are those metal snaps!  Sometimes, I have a hard time getting them undone.

It is still sinking in that we are leaving in a week.  It just doesn't seem real!  I am so used to my life here now, and I'm having a hard time thinking of starting all over again somewhere else.  I just try to keep focusing on the positives.  It will be so nice to live near Mike, Melissa, Mason and Max.  How fun for  the cousins to be the best of friends.  I am so excited about that!  

Well, I better run.  I need to feed the beast:)  Here is a picture we took tonight.

This is a picture of Monroe showing off her newest trick...holding her own bottle.  She's pretty proud of herself.  

1 comment:

vicki said...

What a big girl. I am so proud of her. Praying for you at this stressful time. Love, Vicki