Sunday, May 12, 2013

I'm a Mother Lover

My Mother's Day has been absolutely perfect.  I really couldn't have asked for a better day.  It started out amazing with one of my favorite things, FOOD.  Mark made me this delicious breakfast...

He is such a good cook! (A smoothie, mango and pineapple (my two favorite fruits), potatoes, veggie sausage links, and a breakfast sandwich.)  I was so stuffed after.  

How cute is this?!  

After breakfast we decided to do another one of my favorite things...go on a little drive.  We got a little carried away and it ended up being a mega drive.  We found places we never knew existed.  The girls weren't as impressed with the drive as we were, and started getting a little stir crazy in the car, so we headed to a park where we played and then walked the trail.  

She looks happy, but she was getting pretty testy at this point in the drive.

Beyond ready to get out of her seat. 

Park time! 

Kiki spent most of the time chasing ducks.  

She loves her some "quacks".  

She also loves her some daddy! 

Rosie spent her time collecting sticks.  Her plan is to build Kiki a guitar.  

After the park, we came home to feed and nap the girls, and Mark sent me out on an afternoon of shopping--shopping all by myself.  I know!!!  What a treat!  

After I got home and the girls woke up, we packed up our bikes and decided to go to the Biltmore to ride.  It was gorgeous and the perfect end to the day.  The girls loved it!  

It's always fun to see the house!  It's incredible!

A beautiful afternoon at the Biltmore.  

Kiki kept undoing the cover and sticking herself and her baby out the opening while we were riding.  She's such a daredevil! 

Just peaking out.  I loved hearing them giggle and laugh while we rode along.  

We stopped to see the sheep.  The babies are so cute! 

How amazing is this view!  I can't wait to go back. 

My honey and Me 

Halfway through our ride, we stopped at Antler Hill Village to hear the live music and let the girls play. 

After our ride, we were pretty famished, so we stopped for a quick bite.  When we got home, we put the girls to bed and now we are just catching up on some Saturday Night Live.  Does it get any better than Kristen Wiig?  I love that girl.  

Sorry this was a pretty boring post, but I wanted to share about my wonderful day!  I really hope to catch up soon, with all the goings on around here.  Life has been pretty crazy! 

Happy Mother's Day to all of you lovely mommas out there!  I have been blessed by having so many amazing women in my life.  My mom is the sweetest, most thoughtful person I know and the very best friend a girl could have.  She's taught me how to be a mom to my babies and I'm forever thankful.  Don't know what I'd do with out her.   I'm also so thankful for my wonderful mother-in-law.  She's one-in-a-million!  

My momma and me, circa 1980 

No comments: