Thursday, November 21, 2013

Croissants, Oui, Oui!

Yesterday, I took the girls for their yearly doctor's appointment.  Yes, I was late again, but I think they've come to expect it from me.  I was a little nervous taking them both, but I thought it would be better to just get them both over with in one she-bang.  Luckily, Mark was able to pop over for some of it, and that was so nice.  The girls did relatively well.  Not to say that there weren't a few tears, here and there, but overall, not too bad.  Rosie wept when they pricked her finger for blood.  Kiki, on the other hand, looked at her finger, and very matter-of-factly stated, "That hurt".  They react so differently and it's really funny to watch.

My favorite thing from the visit, was when the doctor asked Rosie what her favorite food was.  Of all things, she said croissants.  What kind of sophisticated kid am I raising?  I can assure you, the sophistication doesn't come from me.  My least favorite thing, was that the girls are both anemic:(  She said that a lot of vegetarian kiddos are.  I had been giving them the gummy vitamins, and didn't realize they don't have iron in them.  I've been stuffing kale and spinach down them today.  It's amazing what they'll eat, when you get them to play like they are bunnies and you are feeding them.  

Kiki is still on the small side, but the doctor was very impressed with her growth.  This time last year, she was in the 3rd percentile.  We are now in the 39th, so we are making great strides:).  Rosie is tall for her age, which I had thought might be the case, but was excited to hear.  I'm hoping she reaches a height that I only can dream about.  Rosie has perfect hearing, and 20/25 vision.  The nurse said she might have to be referred for her eyes, but when I asked the doctor, she said anything up to 40 is normal in kiddos her age.  I was picturing little sophisticated Rosie in adorable reading glasses there for a second, but I am beyond relieved that it's not the case.   

After the appointment, a friend had invited us over to make applesauce with a few other ladies.  I have never made apple sauce, except in the crockpot, so it was fun to learn the process.  I feel a little like a pro now.        

Today, we got up early because Clarissa had texted to let me know that Mean Mr. Mustard, a wonderful little restaurant we love, was closing.  We felt it important that we go before the last day, so we met her there.  It was such a nice breakfast, but was so sad, too.  I can't imagine losing my job right before the holidays.  After that, we headed to the library for awhile.  The girls picked out a bajillion books and then we came home and read, and read, and read.  We had a full afternoon, as well, but the girls are still laughing in their bedroom and its almost 9!  These girls.  I have to admit, I love to hear their giggles.

We are getting very excited about Stephen, Michelle, and Greyson coming for Thanksgiving.  The girls couldn't be happier to see that precious little baby.  I have a feeling that he's going to be smothered with attention.  He might learn to walk, just to get away from them:)  We can't wait!!!!

Here are a few pictures from my phone...

She wanted to look like a ballerina to go to the doctor.  

Love these three!

Making Wishes

Fun on our walk

Really loving their new hats.  


1 comment:

tashacolleen said...

Colton has the same anemia issue ... I use this vitamin now:

http://www.naturesway.com/Products/Vitamins/15786-Alive-Childrens-Multi-Vitamin-Chewable.aspx