Sunday, November 17, 2013

Things You Might Not Know

I've really enjoyed reading the different "Things you Might Not Know about Me" lists all over facebook right now.  It's so fun to find out facts that I might not have known about people, otherwise.  I've thought about doing one on FB, but for some reason, I prefer to share stuff on my "safe place", this blog.  Yes, I know posting it here is far from safe, but at least I know not more than ten people are reading it!

1.  I worked for an electrologist/esthetician for one summer in high school.  I will forever regret not having her take care of all of my unwanted hair when I had the chance!!!  

2.  One of my besties and I tried out for the Amazing Race in our younger years.  Sadly, we didn't make the cut.  

3.  As a kid, I sang background vocals on Gospel Bill's Kid's Sing Praise album.  

4.  As a pre-teen, I had the biggest, hugest, most embarrassing crush on....wait for it...Michael W. Smith.  I don't get it either.

5.  When I was about three, I stuck a crayon in my nose and it melted.  I had to have surgery to have it removed.  Yes, I have always been bright:) 

6.  I was born with "elfin" ears.  They have little points on the end from the way I was laying in my mom's tummy.  I was called Dr. Spock growing up.  This "Trekki" guy that I used to work with, told me that there are people out there that would pay big bucks just to touch these ears, if I was interested...I'm not:)     

7.   I took piano lessons for many years, but I still can't play a song from start to finish unless I write the names of all the notes in.

8.  Being on SNL has always been a dream of mine.  

9.  My mom told me when I was growing up, that I didn't like deviled eggs, boiled eggs or bread pudding, because she hated them.  I still don't like those things, but I've never tried them:)  It wasn't until high school that I tried cottage cheese, because I "didn't like" it either.  I learned that I actually don't mind that one.  

10.  In high school, I beat a 6'3'', 250 pound guy in an eating contest.  Food is no match for me.  

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Kids Praise?!?!?!? Oh I'm so jealous, love those "tapes"! ;)