Tuesday, November 5, 2013

POST OFFICE!!!

Well, it's been a minute since I've updated!  Things have been good.  We've been really busy, but I can't pinpoint exactly what we've been busy doing. I thought I would go through my phone pictures and share our goings on.

We FINALLY got the chandelier up in the play room!  Wiring isn't our forte and it may or may not have taken us half the day one Sunday, but it's done and that's what counts:).  Also, it is very green.  

Two Saturdays ago, our friend Becky invited us to go with her and her boys after church to Carl Sandburg's house/property.  We went on a great hike and then spent some time with the goats. 

Thursday was not only Halloween, but my wonderful hubby's 32 birthday.  We didn't have any plans, other than me cooking Mark's favorite meal, but our friend, Anca, emailed to see what we were doing that night.  I told her to come on over, if they were up for it, and they agreed.  We hadn't really seen them since the girls' birthday, back in August, so it was great catching up.  The girls loved having Caroline visit! 

The Birthday Boy! 

Dueling Where's Waldo's 

She called herself "Where's Waffle"

Their very home-spun costumes.  I had to sew Rosie's shirt from a woman's shirt and let me say, it was the worst thing I've ever done.  Luckily, it only had to hold up for a few hours.  

This kid makes me laugh! 

Sassy Waldo

Our friends, the Heinrich's, were headed to Gatlinburg this past weekend, and decided to stop in for a visit on their way.  We were so excited to see them and have them spend the night. They are totally "salt of the earth" kind of people and we always have so much fun when we are with them.  We toured them around Asheville and took them to Tupelo Honey for lunch. Before they left, we took a few family photos for them. They needed pics of their family of four before it becomes a family of five, yay!  I think they are sold on the area.  If only we could convince them to move here!!!  

    



On Sunday, we went to the Biltmore for the day with the Wrights.  We biked, hiked and picnicked.  It was a great day!  We were so exhausted when we got home!  

We borrowed a bike seat that goes on the front of my bike, so you can't tell, but Kiki and I are getting ready to head out on our bike here.  

Lauren and Mark 

Someone showed us a screech owl in this tree.  It's in the bottom of the big knot.  It was the cutest thing! 

I told this little family about it and at first they didn't seem too interested.  I felt dumb for sharing, but then they got SOOO excited.  I had to get this picture of them and their excitement. 

The view from our hike.  

After our long day, we were exhausted, but ended up heading to the church for a fall festival.  The girls had fun riding the train and eating food.  I had to leave early to go to a meeting, but it was nice.

This was the only picture I took and, as you can tell, it's not the greatest quality:)  

So, that's what we've been up to in a nutshell.  Tonight, I had photography class.  I'm learning a lot, but I'm worried it's not going to stick.  This brain of mine is starting to wear out. For example, I said to my mom today, "I have to go to that place.  The one where you can send stuff to people in the mail."  Yes, I said that.

Well, it's way past my bedtime, so I better head to bed.  I don't think lack of sleep will improve my brain functioning any.  Hope your week is off to a great start and that your every day word recall is better than mine:)  

 

1 comment:

Anca said...

Thanks for having us over & for the fabulous meatballs. The girls were adorable!