Monday, March 21, 2011

Gender Results Party...smaller scale

As you can probably tell, I couldn't hold out from opening the envelope for a gender reveal party.  It was just so tempting.  I did make it home, however, which was nice.  Mark wasn't able to make it to the appointment, so it was fun for us to open the results together.

I was very nervous about the results.  I saw pros to having a girl and pros to having a boy.  But in my heart, I saw more girl pros.  When I opened the envelope and found this...


...I was shocked, to say the least.  I'm not going to lie, I didn't know what to think.  I definitely didn't feel excited right away.  I felt blindsided for some reason.  Yes, I knew that having a boy was a possibility, but I guess I really thought I was having a girl.  I loved the idea of Monroe having a sister, since I didn't get that chance.  

We video chatted with Kaylee and since she had been through the same situation, had the same feelings and came through victorious, her bits of advice were perfect.  If her help wasn't enough, hearing how excited my parents were, definitely made it more exciting.  Then seeing the joy in Mark's face, how could I not be sold on the idea?  

Now, I am absolutely elated over having a little man!  I think I would be pretty upset if for some reason the results were wrong.  The doctor wants me to come back in three weeks to confirm, but he seemed to feel fairly confident, as identifying boys is much easier than girls.  I must say that the area looks much different than Monroe's ultrasound looked, so I'm pretty convinced.  

My sweet family and friends have already started celebrating "Possible P" (that's the nickname I have given him for now).  Here is a pic of some of the clothes I have already received!  I'm missing the cutest little onesie that Nicole got him, but I think it's in Mark's car.  I'll get a pic of it soon.  


I love all of the little boy one piece outfits.  They are adorable.  I know people complain about there never being any cute boy clothes, but so far, I haven't had any issues.  Everything I see, is adorable.  It makes me all the more excited about my little man coming in September.  

I absolutely love the relationships I have had with my brothers.  I was especially close to my little brother and that makes me so happy for what Monroe and Possible P will have.  

So, once again I feel mega blessed by God's plan for us.  He always knows what's best.  His plan is so much better than ours.  

No comments: