Monday, March 21, 2011

If I look like I've been crying, I have...

I just got home from dropping my Mom at the airport.  My dad left yesterday.  It was definitely too short of a visit, but it was so wonderful.  Monroe stuck to Nana and Papa like glue and it really warmed my heart.  There were points during the visit that I felt like Monroe wanted Mark and I to scram, so she could have more alone time with them!  I miss them already and can't wait for them to come back.

I realize more and more how precious family is.  I mean, I have always known that, but as kiddos come along, it's so nice to have your parents to be apart of their little lives.  No one else is as in awe of everything your baby does as your parents.  They are right there with you; laughing, oohing and awing over it all!  I love it!  What a blessing that Mark and I both have such amazing, loving, wise, generous and Christ-like parents--not to mention grandparents.

I was horrible at taking pictures again, but remember the sign of a good visit is very few pictures:)  

Here is a cute one of Mom and Dad 

Rosie with her Papa! 

Monroe is definitely feeling better.  She was still a little under the weather when Mark's parents were here, but she really does seem to be on the up and up.  She laughed more than I think I have ever heard her laugh.  She would just break into laughter for no reason at all.  I'm so blessed to have such a sweet, happy baby.  She really is a wonderful little person.

I am so excited that we are heading to Florida on Sunday!  I just have to get through this week of work and we will be on our way.  I am so looking forward to seeing all of our friends.  We are staying with the Heinrich's and I am beyond elated over that.  I know we are going to have a blast.  I love having such sweet friends that are in the same life season as we are.  I can't wait to lounge around with pregnant Tasha, watching our two little people play together--so fun.

On a totally different note, I have been having a real problem.  Monroe all of a sudden grew out of every shoe she owned--every shoe!!!  Somehow before she had always had some shoes that fit.  Tami, my sister-in-law had given us some of Kamryn's old clothes and shoes at the beginning of our pregnancy, so there always seemed to be something in the next size, but all of those things ran out.

Now, if you have done any kid's shoe shopping lately, you know how crazy expensive good quality kid's shoes are.  I was freaking out, because I knew we didn't have the money to get all of the shoes she would need.  Now, I know this sounds totally ridiculous.  Some of you probably have two pairs of shoes and that's all you need to get by.  I, on the other hand, come from a long line of shoe hoarders.  I have tons of shoes.  There are some I haven't worn in forever, but they are waiting for that perfect outfit. Although Monroe isn't nearly as bad, she needs quite a few different pairs to work with her outfits.  Example:  black church shoes, brown church shoes, white church shoes (as we approach Easter), sporty shoes, pink shoes, brown shoes, black shoes, red shoes, white sandals, brown sandals, etc.  Do you see how overwhelming this would be on a "on a budget" mommy?!

I have done some bargain shopping and have come home with a couple of pairs, then Mom Murrill bought her three pairs while she was here, and my mom came and bought three pairs.  But wait, there's more...Mom Murrill called and said an amazing thing had occurred.  She just happened to stop at an Estate Sale by her house and they had tons of size 5 toddler girl shoes very reasonably priced.  She bought them up!  Now Monroe has more shoes than she has ever had.  She is rolling in size 5 shoes.  I am praying that her little feet grow VERY, VERY slowly and we don't see size 6 for a long time!  I'm nervous though, becaue my friend Jen said her little girl, Ella, flew right through sizes 5, 6, and 7.  Ugh!  Here is a picture of SOME of the shoes she has right now (the estate sale shoes haven't arrived yet).   God really does take care of the little things, even my little girl's feet.

(I can't find that other boot at the back...if found please email me) 

I just took a break from working on the blog to go with my two cuties on a little walk around the block. This used to consist of us pushing Monroe in the jogging stroller, but she won't have it anymore.  She wants to be walking with us and we love it.  She is a great walker and runner, but she is deathly afraid of cracks in the sidewalk.  We have to talk her over each and every one.  A normal 15 minute walk doubles when you are doing pep talks for every crack.  By the end of the walk she was feeling more confident, but we will probably need to start going on these more often.  

Poor thing really is afraid of a lot of things.  Where on earth could she have gotten that from?  This is a joke, because if you know our childhoods at all, you know she came by it from Mark!  Oh, the stories his mom tells.   

He is such an amazing daddy.  He has been working with her to try and help her get over those little fears.  Last week he set with her for 30 minutes as she wailed because she was terrified of grass.  He wouldn't leave the park until she learned that grass was not the enemy and that it wouldn't hurt her to walk through it.  I see a lot of little battles like this in our future, but I would take this little fraidy cat over a dare devil kid any day--our insurance isn't good enough.  

Here are a few pictures from our walk:

 Just getting back from our walk.
 A dad and his girl...they both require tennis balls for their walks.  
Mentally preparing herself for the next crack in the sidewalk. 

Have a great day.  Remember to love on your loved ones!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I HAVE THE MISSING BOOT! It was underneath the third car seat in the back row.

Also, I almost died laughing when I read the part about Rosie and the grass. You guys are amazing parents and it sounds like she's already pushing through the scary parts of life. :)