Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My big break?

I don't want to get too ahead of myself, but I am probably going to be a big time actress.  Today, I had to be in a few scenes for a commercial for the hospital.  I was girl drinking coffee and girl with carpal tunnel.  I really put my heart and soul into every scene and I'm pretty sure one will be brought to tears by my very believable wince as I tried to type using my carpal tunneled wrists and hands--Oscar worthy.  Okay, so I am totally kidding.  I think I was pretty horrible and I had a very hard time not smiling, but it was a nice change of pace from my daily schedule.  It also helped me keep my mind off of poor little Rosie.

Shelley said she did very well all day today, but definitely started feeling yucky right before Mark came to pick her up.  She was pretty sleepy and grumpy by the time she got home.  I put on some cute puppy and kitty videos on the computer and that seemed to pep her up, but she went to bed pretty early.  She didn't have a fever, but she felt a little warm.  Hopefully with another good night's sleep, she will be feeling better.  By the way, she slept great last night and didn't wake up once.  She also woke up very chipper, so that was good.

Tonight, I finally made the soup my sister-in-law had on her blog, Spicy Corn Chowder.   I've been intending to make it for weeks and realized there's no time like the present.  I am so glad I did, because it was so good.  I omitted the jalepenos because I didn't have any on hand, and I don't need a lot of spice.  It was so easy and really was so tasty.  I was hoping to have a bit left over to take for lunch tomorrow, but Mark ate three bowls, so that was a no go.  Oh, well.

The baby seems to be doing great and although it's very early, I really do feel like I am feeling flutters.  I never had those with Rosie, so it's pretty exciting.  I love that feeling.  I can't wait until I feel a full fledged kick.

By the way, everyone and their mother is pregnant.  It's crazy how it really does come in waves.  Here are a few that I can think of off of the top of my head:

1) Tasha (friend from college+)
2) Daniela (friend from college +)
3) Kristina (friend from Tulsa)
4) Paige (friend/roommate from college)
5) Nikki (friend from work)
6) Lisa (from work)
7) Donna (friend from Chicago)
8) Jenny (friend)
9) Jesenia (friend from Tulsa)
10) Mildred (friend from Tulsa)

I know there are quite a few more, but my mind has gone numb and feels like it might implode.   The only name that keeps popping in my head is Charlie Sheen and I'm almost positive he shouldn't be added to the list.  What's with that guy, by the way?!  Nutcase!  Anyway, I can't wait to see all these new babies.  Well, I am pretty tired, so I better sign off. Have a good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of pregnant people! We have our nursery almost done. I'm getting very excited!! 7 weeks to go...

Jenny

Mellie said...

Girl, I was just thinking the same thing about all the pregnant people coming out of the woodwork. I realized the other day that there are 6 ladies pregnant here at work and I seem to be finding out more friends are pregnant every week.