Monday, March 7, 2011

Sick As A Dog

I wish I was home from work today for something fun, but sadly I'm taking care of a sick little lady!  Yesterday, she had a fever, but it broke and she seemed to be feeling better by the afternoon.  She took a turn for the worse late last night when her fever spiked to 103.3 and I think even went higher.  Mark and I were pretty scared and I ended up calling her pediatrician who gave me some pointers on how to bring her fever down.  After a nice tepid bath and some liquids, she was exhausted enough to fall asleep.  She was like a little monkey though, which is pretty sweet. I couldn't pry her off of me if I tried.  She awakened quite a few times during the night and we were relieved when her fever finally broke.  It was a tough night for all of us, but I am so relieved to have her feeling a bit better today.  She's definitely not 100%, but she is on the mend and that helps put my mind at ease.

We had a lovely weekend otherwise.  We went to Andrews to hear the last in a really wonderful sermon series by DKN, enjoyed a movie at Mike and Mel's and celebrated Kelsey's birthday.  I'm not complaining a bit that I'm not working today.  I will have to make it up on Thursday, but it's nice being here with the little person.  She is so funny.

Monroe is going through a stage that I would love for her to fly right through--the "No" stage.  It's really starting to get on my nerves.  She answers "no" to everything...Do you love mama?...No...Do you like kitty cats?...No...What is the square root of 81?....No.  Clearly she is just messing with me, but I can't figure out the best response from me.  Any ideas?  I find myself wanting to say, "No saying no!," but I realize that probably won't get the results I'm desiring.  I'm open to any and all suggestions!

I'm getting very excited about this month!  Both of our parents are coming into town and we are going to Florida.  I can't wait.  Monroe is beyond excited to see both Grandma & Grandpa and Nana & Papa!  It's going to be amazing.

The cravings aren't yet subsiding and it's starting to show in my face, legs, bottom...the list goes on.  Luckily, the weather is starting to be a bit better and I will be able to be more active again.  We went on walks all the time when I was pregnant with Monroe and I've got to get back to that.  Lately, I've been craving, you guessed it...Sweet Drinks!  Same as it was with Monroe.  I love me some ginger ale, cherry seven up, cranberry spritzer, the list goes on.  As a vegetarian, I am ashamed that I have been craving a turkey sandwich.  I must be missing some protein in my diet, cause that one came out of nowhere.

I've been feeling much better. The nausea comes and goes, but for the most part it's gone.  I have had several migraines, which are pretty horrible and debilitating, but luckily I have an amazing husband who has allowed me to rest when they come on hard.

I am getting so excited to find out what we are having.  Everyone keeps telling me I'm having a boy, so that's kind of what I'm starting to think, too.  Mark talks to my doctor every once in awhile because they see each other in the hospital.  He mentioned to Mark that he might try to figure out what we are having at my next appointment, which is next week.  I'm not sure if he will, but we will see.  I can't believe I am 14 weeks along.  It really seems to fly by.

I don't think I've mentioned before, but my phone has been giving me fits for the last few months.  The Sprint people told me I needed to be more diligent at updating it, and I have tried, but it only seemed to get worse.  Finally, last week it totally conked out on me and I had to take it to the phone fixers.  They said they would have to totally re-something (I can't remember the word) it and do a software update.  It was a little frustrating because I lost all of my texts, apps, and I have to learn the new software   But my dream of owning a phone that properly made and received calls and texts had come true.  Well, today I was texting with my friend Tasha and she asked me if I was purposefully sending her the same text ten times.  I guess a girl can dream

Hope everyone has a great week!  Love you all!

No comments: