Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bed Head and Bed Time

I apologize for not updating after Monroe's doctor's appointment. Mark took her and while they were there, the doctor didn't think her breathing sounded too good.  She suspected it might be a slight case of bronchitis.  She decided to give her a nebulizer treatment while they were there to see if things improved.  Luckily they did, but the whole visit ended up being almost 3 hours long!  I felt so bad for Mark and Monroe!  The doctor prescribed liquid albuterol and an antibiotic. She also wanted to see her back the next day,  so we headed over on Friday for a quick check.  She was very happy with Monroe's progress and just said to keep her on the nebulizer for a few days.

Monroe now seems to be feeling great!  She does have a nasty sounding cough, but that will probably stick around for awhile.   When it comes to her stats, she weighs 22 lbs (she lost some weight because of the illness) and is 34 inches tall.  Mark didn't catch what her percentages were, maybe next time:)

Here is a pic of our little lady when she was almost 4 months old and again last week during nebulizer treatments.   It always makes me sad for some reason, but she does pretty good during them and they always seem to make her feel much better.  Looking at these pictures remind me how quickly time flies!  Also, did you get a look at that hair?!!  Do you see what I'm up against here?  A friend recommended Bed Head Tamer for kids and I am going out to buy some ASAP!

We had a wonderful weekend.  On Saturday, we went to Mike and Melissa's because one of Mark's friends from college and Florida was visiting.  The Browns came over too, and we all had a lovely time eating and chatting.  

Then later that night, Mark's parents arrived from Kansas.  It was an awesome visit.  From eating amazing food, to shopping, to visiting the Chicago Children's Museum Downtown--it was a blast.  I know I've mentioned this before, but the older I get, the more sentimental I get.  I was so sad to see them leave.  Monroe had such a great time with them and it was so neat to see those special relationships growing stronger.  Luckily, I don't have to be sad for too long, because my parents are coming on Friday!  Of course as soon as they leave, I will go right back to being sad:(.

Tomorrow is my next doctor's appointment.  I am excited to see how it all goes, but  I am really nervous about him maybe finding out what this little person is.  I know it's not set in stone, but it kind of has me in a tizzy.  For some reason, this pregnancy hasn't seemed 100% real to me yet, and I know that as soon as we know what we are having--It's on!  Yikes!  I don't know if I'm ready for that yet.  I've kind of enjoyed living in denial.  Not that I'm not excited about the baby!  I am beyond excited.  It's just been kind of nice not worrying about it too much.  With Monroe, our lives became the pregnancy.  We were so excited.  Everything was baby this and baby that.  Now, I rarely think about the fact that I'm pregnant.  Mark has even admitted that he sometimes forgets!  I know that sounds horrible, but it's really not meant bad at all.  We love this little person, we just have so much on our plates that we don't dwell on the process like the last time.  It's really making the whole thing fly by.  I can't believe that I'm already 15 weeks!  I remember it seeming like forever to get to 15 weeks with Monroe.  So you can see that there are advantages to forgetting!  This baby will be here before we know it!  

If we are able to find out what we are having tomorrow, I can't decide if I want to know right away.  I have always loved the idea of a gender reveal party and even convinced some friends to do one.  I think it would be so fun.  I saw one example on a blog I read where the parents had the doctor write what the baby was on a piece of paper.  They gave it to a trusted friend who opened it and was then assigned to bake a white cake putting either blue or pink food coloring into the batter depending on the gender.  Then, she iced it up, so no one could see.  Everyone got together later that night and when they sliced the cake--what a surprise all around!  Doesn't that sound so fun?!  Will I be able to hold out?  Mark doubts I would make it out of the doctor's office before ripping into that little piece of paper.  I don't have much faith in myself either.  I'm the girl that gives gifts to people like two weeks before their birthday and I beg everyone to let me open my gifts early.  I know I'm a buzz kill, but surprises unnerve me!  So, we will see if I make it.  

Today was pretty uneventful.  After seeing Mom and Dad Murrill off, Rosie took at 4 hour nap (she was completely exhausted from the weekend) and I did laundry, cleaned and worked on dinner.  I also gave the little one a much needed bath.  I love a clean smelling baby.  So like I said, pretty uneventful.  Tonight was wonderful, though.  My favorite thing that Mark and I have done since getting married, is go on drives.  We love driving through neighborhoods and checking out houses...especially ones that are super expensive.  (Two kids can dream, right?)  Tonight, we did just that.  We always have the best conversations and I always am reminded what made me fall in love with that man in the first place.  Tonight was no exception.  

In other news, Monroe's little personality is getting more and more hilarious.  I love hearing her talk and her singing is the absolute best.  Tonight, we were watching Glee and she became totally entranced when Lea Michelle started singing a solo.  Then she started singing along.  It was adorable.  I just tried to post a video of her singing, but blogger told me there was some sort of issue, so I will try that again some other night.  I am running on fumes and my bed is looking very nice right now. 

I will leave you with a few pics from the Children's Museum.  (Thank you Nicole for recommending it.)  Oh yes, and before I go, I thought it very important to tell you that I totally saw Nicole Richie and Joel Madden (plus kiddos)  at the children's museum!  They were entering the elevator as we were exiting.  It would have been easy to miss them, but I just happened to look Nicole right in the face.  I smiled at her because I thought she looked super familiar, then it hit me.  Always calm and collected under pressure, I turned to Melissa and said yelled, "Did you see who that was?"  I totally embarrass myself sometimes. Oh, well. We ended up spending the day with them and we all became fast friends.  Well, that's not entirely true.  All but the part about spending the day with them and the friend stuff.  Enjoy the pics!

Mark, Max and Monroe on the fire truck.
Future fireman Mason, in his element!  
Melissa and Max
Me and Rosie (Do you like how my baby bump is conveniently hidden behind this large display?)
It's hard to tell, but that's Mike and Mason in there!  
The gang in the building area
Sensei and his grasshopper...(total Karate Kid reference)
Sadly, this was Monroe's attitude for a majority of the day.  In her defense, the bench was disturbing.
Entering the water exhibit with Grandma watching on!
Making her quick getaway from the water exhibit
Where she really enjoyed herself...the play kitchen.  What a girlie girl I have on my hands! 

1 comment:

Hanne Noel said...

i can so relate to your sentiment on round 2 (baby). that first one is all consuming, and always will be. i can give you and complete play-by-play on hudsons labor, delivery, etc. always remember the time, the stats.... but claire... i always have to look up! you will see an entirely different temperament on your part, and most likely the babies too. for the good i think. you don't always realize how obsessive you are, until you can't be anymore. 2 will do that to ya. :) can't wait for the reveal, you sneaky booger!

ps. how do you like the bed head tamer? claire will ask me for it in the morning saying, "momma, i need my spray, my hair is CRAZY!". :) LOVE THEM ROSIE'S.