Friday, June 7, 2013

20,000 Questions

The girls are both at very fun ages, but I have to say, they ask me A LOT of questions.  I've probably been asked 1,800 questions today.   I try to answer as many as I can, but let me tell you, it's hard!  I'm pretty spent at the end of every day.

Here's a snippet of what I heard as we drove to our outing yesterday.  This was probably a minute of the 20 minute drive.

Rosie:  Mommy, why does that guy have a hat on?
Kiki:  Animal "Cackers"?
Rosie:  Mommy, can I get a hat?
Kiki:  Animal cackers, "Pease"?
Rosie:  Mommy, how many cats are too many cats?
Kiki:  I want animal cackers. Pease!
Rosie:  Mommy, where are we going?
Kiki:  Mommy, animal cackers?
Rosie:  Mommy, will there be cookies there?
Kiki:  Animal Cackers, MOMMY? PEASE!!!!
Rosie:  Mommy, can we go somewhere where they have cookies?
Kiki:  ANIMAL CACKERS!!!

Do you see why I feel a little insane some days?  I know I need to enjoy these moments and treasure them.  I'm sure there will come a time when they won't talk as freely and won't want to hear my answers to questions.  Better take it, while I can get it, I guess.

I'll leave you with my favorite "exchange" from yesterday's trip:

Rosie:  Mommy, I want to go to the hospital to get a baby for myself.  I'll just put it in my belly.  I really want to be a mommy.  Hey, how do they put babies in bellies anyway?

Me:  Hmmm...ask your father.  Well, actually, when a mommy and daddy love each other so much, there's so much extra love, that they make a baby!

Rosie:  Well, Mommy, I love Kiki a whole lot...so...

Me:  Do you guys want some animal crackers?  



3 comments:

Michelle said...

haha! Rosie asked me last fall how the baby got in my belly and I told her to ask her mom :) I was really startled by the whole thing and wasn't expecting it at all. I like your answer though. :)

Anca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anca said...

What is going on this week that so many kids are asking these questions. I successful diverted last year but had to resort to a book this year. Rosie is SO FUNNY. I'm glad I'm not alone in the question dept....