Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Dads are Great


We've been hit with another plague over here.  I'll tell you why, too.  I got cocky.  I was feeling pretty great that we hadn't been sick in so long, and wham...it hit, and it hit hard.  Both Rosie and Daddy have had a rough few days.  Poor Mark was sick all of Father's Day.  He didn't move from his bed ALL DAY!  Well, other than back and forth to the toilet, but that's probably something you don't want to know about.  Rosie has had a stomach ache and a fever.  I took her to the doctor on Monday, and we are still trying to figure out what's wrong.  They think it's just a random stomach bug, but we're waiting on a culture to come back to make sure.  

It's been hard tending to the sick and keeping the well entertained.  I've been beyond drained.  I'll be real honest with you, I realized this morning, that I hadn't showered since Saturday!  I didn't have a moment to relax and when I did, I fell asleep, so showering was the last of my worries.  I need to be honest with you, again.  Kiki, may or may not have worn the same pair of pajamas for two days straight. Please don't judge!  Life's been hectic around here.  

This was me on Sunday evening.  I was pretty exhausted at this point.  If you think I looked bad then, imagine another day without showering.  It wasn't a pretty sight/smell, people.  

We seem to be on the mend, I've showered, and Kiki's wearing a fresh pair of pajamas, so things are looking up.  I still don't want to get the girls out around people, so we'll probably have another day in tomorrow, but I'm not too upset.  The weather hasn't been amazing, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on pool time.  I'm trying to get in as much time at the pool that I can before we move.  On Friday, we were invited to the pool by some new friends.  Mark has a few guys that he plays tennis with and their wives asked us to come along. They seem like such sweet girls.  One of the girls lives in the neighborhood, and the other just moved back to the area from Charleston.  I'm always a nervous wreck hanging out with people I don't know very well, but it was still fun.

On Friday evening we went over to Riley and Zach's house for dinner. They have the best back yard!  It was just beautiful.  I forgot to get any pictures, but we had a great time eating and laughing!  On Saturday, we went to Church and then came home for naps.  Rosie wasn't herself at church and ended up sleeping for four hours.  She woke up feeling better, so we packed up and headed with the Nudd's to Sliding Rock and then did a little grilling.  It was a nice full weekend.  I was so sad that our Father's Day plans didn't work out due to sickness.  We were planning on doing a surprise picnic for the dad's on the parkway with David and Elizabeth, but it was a no go.  Maybe, we'll have to plan it for another time.  

Let me stop right here and do a quick shout out to all the dads out there.  I have an amazing Dad!  He has always made me feel so good about who I am and what I'm capable of.  He was a wonderful leader in our home growing up and he, along with my mom, showed me what having a close relationship with God looked like.  He's the most generous, kind, and funny guy I know.  He has always treated my mom so sweetly and that helped me know what qualities I should look for in a hubby.   Thankfully, I caught me a good one in Mark.  I truly couldn't ask for a better daddy for my girls.  You should see their eyes light up when he gets home!  He listens, and plays, and laughs and teaches.  The best part is you can tell he enjoys doing it!  He's completely in love with his girls.  And can you guess where he learned all that from?  Yup, from his dad!   Mark's dad is a wise man with such a gentle spirit.  He's great!  I've been blessed with some amazing dads!   So, thank you guys for all you do.  It's much appreciated.  

My Dad and Me at his Dental School Graduation!


Kiki is Papa's biggest fan! 

Mark and Rosie hit it off really quickly.  

Kiki and Daddy didn't waste any time either:)  

Papa is the "baby whisperer"!  He can soothe a crying baby in no time!  They love him!  Here he is with Rosie way back when. 

So, we're supposed to close on our house next week!  Would you like to know how much packing I've done?  One box.  I've packed one box and it's not even full.  I really need to start taking this whole move more seriously!  There's a chance we might be able to start moving things in this week and that would be WONDERFUL.  I'm really praying that all goes through, so I can start moving things over in small batches.  

I just thought of a funny story I wanted to share with you.  On Saturday, I was laying on one couch with Kiki and Mark was sitting on the other couch with Rosie.  Mark started trying to throw grapes in my mouth.  This has been a game we have enjoyed for years, but this was the first time the girls had witnessed it.  They thought it was wonderful and we were all laughing.  He made quite a few into my mouth, but one hit my head and I couldn't find where it bounced.  Kiki and I looked and looked, but we couldn't find it, so we continued on with the game.  A little later, I touched my bangs, that I had up in a poof, and felt something hard.  The grape had landed right in my hair poof and had gotten lost.  I pulled it out and you should have seen Kiki's face.  She was mesmerized.   She kept looking in my hair for more food the rest of the day.  After typing this, I realize it wasn't that funny of a story, but it was rather amusing at the time.

It's well past my bedtime, but I can't go to sleep until I know if the Heat or Spurs win this game.  I'm pulling for San Antonio, as that was my birthplace, and I don't care for Lebron.  Let's go SPURS!!!!


No comments: