Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Pooptastic!

Friends, it's been one of those days.  I heard Kiki wake up from her nap, and sent Rosie upstairs to get her.  Rosie quickly came back down and told me I should go upstairs because Kiki had made a big mess.  I told her not to worry about it and we'd clean it later, but she got very adamant and said, "Mommy, you really need to go upstairs."  My curiosity was piqued, so I went upstairs.  I was a tiny bit terrified of what I might find.

Well, nothing could have prepared me for what awaited me.  I have a few pictures, but I assure you, you don't want to see.  She had climbed out of her crib and was sitting in the middle of the room playing with her diaper--her poop-filled diaper that she had removed from her body.  She was completely covered in poop, as was the carpet.

I had to make a decision at that point.  I could shut the door and play like I didn't see it or I could face it head on.  I ended up shutting the door and calling a babysitter, while I spent the afternoon shopping.  I'm completely kidding...relax!!!  I went ahead and faced it, although I have to admit, I was in tears.  Poor Rosie started gagging during it all, which only made the situation worse!  When I think about it now, I can laugh (sort of), but at the time, it was beyond overwhelming.

After a lot of bathing, carpet cleaner, lysol and clorox, we're pretty much back to normal, although I'm a little relieved that I hopefully won't have to walk on that carpet much longer.  So, that's my day in a poopshell...I mean nutshell.  Goodnight!
 

No comments: