Monday, August 12, 2013

No Brainer

Our Monday started rather early.  We think that Kiki has been teething and her naps and sleeping in general has been rather spotty.  She wakes up at the break of dawn and comes into lay with us.  That would be fine, if she went back to sleep like Rosie did when she was about that age.  No, this kid lays sideways with her head on Mark and she uses her feet to try and push me out of the bed.  Ugh.  I'm not loving this stage.  Hopefully, it's a quick one.

I went to Pilates this morning and I'm sad to report that it hasn't gotten any easier.  My core had completely gone to pot over the last few weeks of inactivity, making the moves almost impossible.  Maria was next to me and seemed in as much agony as I was, so that made me feel a little better:)  Apparently, I can never stop going to that class.  Hopefully, I've learned my lesson.

After I left Pilates, I ran over to the hospital to drop something off for Mark, and he reminded me that I had to go to a meeting with him, so we ran home quickly and I fed the girls a little something, so it wouldn't be a horrible situation.  Hungry little girls is something I try to avoid at all cost.  After the meeting, we ate at Strawberry Hill.  I still love it, in case you were wondering:)   

The girls and I napped this afternoon, and then worked on a few little projects around the house.  This evening, after Mark got home, we ran to Edneyville to pick up a piece of furniture that I found on Craigslist.  I've wanted a china cabinet with glass forever, and I found one for only $50!  It seemed like a no-brainer to me.  It was a brainer for Mark, but he came around.  I can't wait to paint it.  I'm still deciding the color, but I'm leaning toward just white.  I'm excited that it has lighting inside.  I'll be sure to post some after pictures, when I get it all finished up. 

Can't wait to get started!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

ooooo I've seen these redone and they look awesome!!! I know yours will be better ;)

A light grey might be nice! Some girls put either paper in the background or paint it a contrasting color...just a thought!

Can't wait to see the results and glad you are back to blogging, I've missed you!!