Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My Birthday Girls!

So, my dear Rosie girl turned four on Sunday!  I still can't get over that fact...FOUR!  How did four years go by so quickly?  I couldn't ask for a sweeter, more thoughtful, kind-hearted little four-year-old.  I'm her mommy, so I'm a little biased, but I think she's pretty precious.  We hadn't gotten a chance to do much for the Keekster's birthday a few weeks ago, because we were in Florida at a funeral, so we decided to celebrate both of the girls' birthdays on Friday evening in a very low key way.  We had a few friends over for dinner and cake, and it was so much fun.  We had waffles, at Rosie's request, as well as, a few other breakfast foods (muffins, hashbrown casserole, cheesy egg casserole (thank you, Nicole!!!!), fruit and veggie stripples and patties.  The girls just loved everything about it, and it made this mama happy to see their sweet smiles.

4 and 2!  Where did the time go?  

Admiring mommy's second attempt at the cake.  My first attempt didn't turn out too well :( 

I can't get enough of Kiki's face in this one.  She was pretty excited about the whole thing.  I gushed about Rosie earlier, but Kiki's so special, too!  She's packed full of enthusiasm and spunk!  I'm so lucky to have these two, very different, little people in my life! 

She LOVED this blanket!

Rosie became a big girl with her very first American Girl Doll!  She's on cloud nine.  We let her choose the name, which in hindsight, might have been a mistake.  Meet Mickey!

Our family! 

2 comments:

nicole said...

Happy happy birthday, lovely girlies. This auntie misses you so much. And your beautiful mama too.

At least "Mickey" fits in with all your "M's":) And it has a vague "Grease" feel, which could never be bad;)

tashacolleen said...

What a wonderful celebration for two absolutely adorable and sweet little girls! I wish so much we could've been there to help celebrate their years of life! SO very happy we got to spend time with them last month. I do wish you would post the recipe to that cheesy egg casserole. Sounds yummy! I would've liked some of that yummy cake, too ... it's SOOOOO delicious! Love you all!