Monday, April 28, 2014

Murmans--Reunited

We had the honor of hosting our beloved Baughmans for a visit over Easter weekend.  What a treat!  It was lovely.  We didn't do any big outings while they were here.  That's the luxury of having friends like them.  We just love being together and don't need a whole lot of entertainment.

On Friday, they came to our church's agape feast.  The Social Committee, which I am on, was in charge of it, and my friend Natalie and I, were the only ones to show up to get the food prepared.  It was a tiny bit stressful.  We had tons of breads and fruits, but I had also gotten five of the elder's wives to bring homemade soup.  Well, they were supposed to.  Only two showed up!  I about died.  It was literally a loaves and fishes moment.  We prayed, found some cans in the cabinets and made our own "Bean Soup".  People seemed to love our concoction.  I didn't try it:)  Somehow, we ended up with soup leftover!  It was truly a miracle.  

We went to Arden for Church on Sabbath because a friend was leading out in a program there.  They had some awesome musical selections and at the end of the service we released balloons to signify us releasing our doubt.  It was very powerful!   



That afternoon and evening it was raining, so we just relaxed and munched on goodies that the guys picked up from McFarland's Bakery.  That night, we introduced them to the wonders of our new favorite show, "Impractical Jokers".  Seriously, it's hilarious!  We laughed till we cried.  

On Sunday, the boys played basketball and we just enjoyed our time together while the kids played.  Then, when the dads got home, we did an Easter Egg hunt in the backyard.  The kids had a blast!  

This is the only picture I got of Kaylee:(  












I love this picture.  This sums up Lila to me!  "What are you looking at?"

The boy

Easter Buckets

Later, while everyone napped, Kaylee and I snuck out to find any stores that were open.  We spent a good hour in World Market where we both found some goodies.  Kaylee found the cutest plates for her plate rack and I found something I had run out of the day before, but didn't know where to find.  It's called Vegeta and I believe it's the best seasoning ever.  I use it instead of Mckay's Seasoning because it's more condensed and more flavorful.  I recommend it.  A friend had gotten it for me at some market in Chicago.  What a treat to find it in such a convenient place!  Yay! 

Get this stuff!  I use it in soups, dressings, veggies.  You name it! 

That night was the grand finale of the trip.  After we grilled out for dinner, we set up our tent and lit the fire pit up.  The kids enjoyed smores with the most gigantic marshmallows I've ever seen.  The daddies braved sleeping in the tent the whole night with all the kids, except Lila.  The moms decided that  sleeping outside on the ground with four kids when the temperature is 34 degrees wasn't our idea of a good time.  We instead decided to watch girlie TV and peruse Pinterest.  Fun for all! 

Monday morning, Kay and I did a little more shopping together and then we all met for lunch at Papas and Beer, before we bid them farewell.  Parting ways is always tough, but we know there will be many more of these times.  Until next time!  




2 comments:

Kelsey said...

It is good to hear from you! We love impractical jokers as well! SO FUNNY!

Shelley Robertson said...

These Murman posts and pictures make me so happy! Love to you all. :)