Sunday, April 27, 2014

Our Latest Happenings

Well, it has been way too long!  In fact, I got a rather angry text on Friday from my little brother reminding me of my delinquency and a few gentle reminders from other friends.  I'm so sorry about my blogging hiatus.  I always intend to document everything, but time gets away from me every time!  I've been working on this post for weeks!

Things have been good, but busy.  I think I last left you right before we went on our trip to San Diego.  The trip was so fun!  I have to admit, I was nervous leaving the girls for a whole week.  First of all, I was worried that they would miss us and cry and secondly, I was terrified that they would wear my mom out and she would never want to visit us again.  Well, none of my fears were even remotely warranted.  The girls had a blast with Nana and she got out and about more than I do!  My dad flew in and surprised them, which made their visit even more special.  I, on the other hand, didn't do as well.  I missed those little critters.  After a day or two, I was able to relax, though, and we had so much fun.

The first part of our trip was spent in Temecula, California, at one of Mark's best friends' wedding.  It was a lot of fun.  Someday, I will tell you our crazy hotel story, but it's long and a tiny bit embarrassing, so I'll skip it tonight.

The other part of the week was spent in San Diego.  What a beautiful place!  We were a little bummed that the place known for having the most amazing weather, was terribly chilly the whole week, but we still had a lovely time.  Some of the highlights were driving the coast and visiting different beaches, going to a trampoline park, shopping, eating tons of great food, and getting a Thai Massage (this story could be a book in itself).  It was just so nice getting away and feeling like newlyweds again!  What a treat!  I'm just so thankful for the opportunity!

Here are a few pictures from our trip and from the last few weeks.

While we were gone, the girls enjoyed special treats with Nana and Papa!

Loving on Papa! 

Enjoying the beaches! 

Reunited with our buddies, the Ducketts, at the wedding.   Love these guys!

My favorite guy

We rented a flat in San Diego's Gaslamp District.  It was in this cool historic building.  We loved it! 

These pictures are in a weird order!  Mark and Lindsay's wedding was so beautiful.  We had a blast!  

I'd marry this guy over and over! 

Mark & Mark, Besties 

The Groomsmen 

Mark texted me about an hour before the wedding started and asked me if I would mind decorating the Bride and Groom's wedding night suite.  This was a very stressful task for me.  I had little to no time and I had no idea of what stores were in the area.   I quickly ran to the nearest shopping area I could find and found a Dollar Store and a Walmart.  I got stuff to make a banner, snacks, candles and flower petals.  It wasn't my best work, but I hope it made their night, more special:)  

The views on the way to the wedding were incredible! 

One of our favorite parts of the trip!  I can't get enough of an In & Out Burger's Grilled Cheese/Animal Style.  

Wind blown

Loved meeting this guy!  

And all of his friend on La Jolla Beach 

Such a beautiful place

Coronado Beach 

We enjoyed biking, when the weather cooperated! 

Amazing Gelato! 

Shopping at the children's museum. 

Playing in the creek at Fletcher Park. 

My little Sweetheart 

Ah, childhood  

We REALLY needed new cushions for our outdoor furniture.  So, we updated last week.  

Mark found us a playset and the girls are in hog heaven.  They want to be outside all of the time. 

Happy Ladies!

Great Hair Day!

We've been doing some work on the backyard.  

Mark added a new rock path.  

And we finished up the fire pit!  












2 comments:

Gina said...

OMG. I stayed in that same flat in San Diego when I ran the Rock 'n Roll marathon there back in 2010! Such a small world :)

tashacolleen said...

I love the work you guys did on your yard! I hope the kids can come play at your playground soon! Let's have a fire in the pit and roast stuff. :) Love you and miss you guys! The pics of the girls are so adorable, as usual. I'm glad you had fun in San Diego! What a fun trip ... but I want to hear all of the left out stories! ;)