Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Great Outdoors

It's been a good day.  I took the girls to school and got a few things done I needed to do.  They sure do love school, those two.  They love their teachers and their teachers seem to love them back.  It makes me happy.  I'm still finding the idea of giving Rosie up to school a bit overwhelming.  I'm toying with the idea of homeschooling next year.  I'm still mulling that one over.  

The girls after school today

After naps, we pretty much stayed outside the rest of the day.  I worked on a few little areas in the backyard while the girls played.  I'll have to take pictures, but I'm making a flower bed out of an awkward area that won't grow grass.  I took the shovel and started excavating the area today, and then about halfway through, realized I had no idea what I was doing.  So, that project is on hold until I figure that out.  I decided just to pull weeds in the front yard instead.   

The yard is starting to look better.  Mark's been battling a big weed issue that's killing off our grass.  We've got crabgrass and dandelions out the wazoo, but after two treatments, I think they are starting to die.  The bushes are starting to flower and the colors of Spring, have sprung.  It's very exciting to watch.  This is our first time living in this house during these months, so we haven't known what to expect.  

I'm really enjoying those pops of PINK!



A few months ago, I started working on a project inside the house--our office bookshelves.  I wanted to line the back with a paper of some sort, but had a hard time deciding exactly what to use.  I first lined them with a vintage wallpaper I found, but didn't end up liking it, at all.  I got sidetracked on another project and didn't come back to it until a few weeks ago, when I found some gold chevron paper that I kind of liked.  I decided to give it a go.  I'm liking it better than the other paper, but the jury's still out.  Luckily, it's just paper and can easily be removed if we don't love it.   Here are a few pics of the office.  I have to say, the paper doesn't picture that well, so keep an open mind:)    








Well, I'm going to get off here.  My floors really need a cleaning.   I've been waiting, but they don't seem to clean themselves:(  Good night!  

Since the girls consider themselves pro campers now, they've been begging for sleeping bags, just like their friend, Mattie Belle.  I had to oblige.  They wanted to sleep in them tonight and how could I say no to those faces!  

No comments: