Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Christmas yet?

Well, I'm glad we got all that out of the way.  Thanks for bearing with my five posts last night!  I feel much better to be somewhat caught up on here!  

Our last week was a full one.  We had a dinner for Mark's work on Monday.  I had music practice on Tuesday, bible study and Adventurers on Wednesday and I hosted book club at my house on Wednesday evening.  Book club was really fun.  Hardly anyone had read the book, so it turned into just a time of laughing and talking.  Oh, and eating.  Plenty of eating.  On Thursday, I went with a few friends on a shopping trip and on Friday, my brother and his wife arrived for the weekend.  It was so nice having them here for a low key visit.  They left yesterday afternoon, and Rosie fell apart again.  Just sobbed.  It really broke my heart!  At least we will get to see them again at Christmas!

So, I have a few things I feel I need to share.  If you ever shop at Walmart, you really need to download their app.  If you scan your receipts, it will compare prices of area competitor stores. If any have advertised the items you bought for less, you get the difference!  Isn't that awesome?!  I don't do a ton of shopping there, but I'm a lot more likely now.  

Also, I have found a new favorite store.  It's called Southern Chicks Market and it is so cute.  It's got all sorts of vintage, shabby chic, and handmade goods and I'm in decorating heaven every time I walk through their door.  If you live in the Hendersonville area, I highly recommend it.  The owner is just the most precious girl.  You'll love it!   

We stayed in today.  We did some art projects and the girls loved every second.  I'm so glad they love that type of thing.  In fact, Rosie said she wants a sewing machine for Christmas!  I don't know if she's quite ready for one, but I'm excited she's interested!  

I have a question for you before I go...have you decorated for Christmas?  I'm really torn.  A lot of people I know have and I'm not sure if I should or not.  I love Christmas decor and want to enjoy every second, but I definitely don't want to rush it.  What a dumb problem to have, huh?!  Oh, well!  Have a great night!


1 comment:

Kaylee said...

I've missed you. thank you for coming back and all the pictures. I heart my girlies and didn't realize how much I missed them until seeing all their pictures…and you, too. Love you guys!!!