Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Donuts, Chocolate and Chips, Oh My!

So, that's what Monroe asked for yesterday for her lunch...donuts, chocolate and chips.  Is this a normal meal in our home?  No!  I didn't even know she knew what donuts were, but apparently she does.  Then, this morning she asked for cupcakes and cookies for breakfast!  This kid is killing me!  Her birthday has her thinking that sweets are a norm!  It's pretty funny to hear, though.  Although I'm scared that Mark, the anti-sweets spokesman, thinks that's what I feed her while he's at work.

Things have been great!  On Saturday we had a wonderful picnic for all of the families that attend the Nursery Sabbath School.  We had a big group and the food was amazing.  It was so fun to get to know the families better.  I feel horrible, but I didn't know most of the parent's names!  I only knew their kids' names, so it was good to break the ice!  Too bad it happened right before we move!  Isn't that always the way?!

On Saturday night, Mom and Dad Murrill kept the girls while we went out on another hot date:)  We went to the yummiest restaurant, Labriola Cafe.  It was so good and I loved the atmosphere.  I would definitely recommend it.  We weren't hungry enough, but I really want to go back for one of their amazing desserts.  The gelato looked so good!

All dolled up and ready to go out!  Man, I really need a haircut.  

We then went to see "The Help".  I've been dying to see it after reading the book.  The movie was great, but I have to say the book was better.  If you are looking for an enjoyable read, go out and get it right away.  So good!!


We were so thankful for the chance to have another date night!  It was so wonderful.  Mom and Dad Murrill headed out on Sunday morning and we had to go back to being just us again!  We definitely will really miss them!  They were so helpful and made the two weeks so much easier.  

On Sunday afternoon, Sherlyn from Perfect Petal Photography came over to take some pictures of McKinley.  I think they are going to turn out great.  She also took some of Rosie, so I can't wait to see what those look like.  Monroe fell in love with Sherlyn!  She definitely has a way with kids.  She is the daughter of one of our really good friends from work.  I will definitely post pics as soon as I get some.  

Later, we headed to the Morton Arboretum with the other Murrills.  It was so beautiful there and the kids had a great time.  We then went to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner.  








  
Monday was very uneventful.  Monroe slept until 8am!  I was super excited until I realized that she was sick.  She has the worst cold.  She is super dooper cuddly when she is sick, so Mark and I both love that part, but hopefully she starts to feel better soon.  She seems to be getting better by the day, but she is still VERY snotty.  

Monday evening Mark and I went to Panera for dinner (thank you, Melissa!) and then went to Babies R Us for a few things.  We came home with a child gate, a new nursing cover and our double stroller!!!  The stroller is monstrous, but I'm so thankful for it.  Going to the mall is now a possibility.  I couldn't figure out how it would work before.  I'm very excited to give it a try.  



Yesterday was Tuesday and I would love to say that I got so much done, but the only thing I accomplished was go to Target.  I know, quite amazing huh?!  It felt like quite a feat. I, in fact, was very tired by the time I got back.  We needed a few groceries and I'm working on updating Monroe's quiet bag for Church.  If you have any amazing ideas for things that keep toddlers attention for longer than a few seconds, please pass them on!  

Last night, I met Melissa for coffee (or in my case, hot chocolate).  We had the best time and it was 10:30 by the time I got home!   I felt so bad for getting back so late, but Mark did amazingly with the girls.  He's such a good daddy! 

Today, I'm going to try another outing.  This time I'm meeting Kelsey at Oakbrook Mall.  Hopefully, it goes well!  I'm still figuring out the two kid stuff out.  Luckily, Kelsey is great back up!  

Well, I better get ready!  Have a wonderful day!  Love you all! 



No comments: