Thursday, August 11, 2011

Showered with Love!

Yesterday was quite a day.  It was my first time alone with both girls.  That part was fine.  It was when my mom called and said she made it on the flight she didn't think she would and would be in Chicago in an hour, that threw me a bit.  I had to get myself and two girls ready, fed, etc. and it was pretty nuts.

I was able to get there, albeit a little late, but I got there.  I was never so happy to see my mom than then.  We had a great afternoon and I even was able to get a nap in while mom watched Monroe.

When Mark got home from work, he took Monroe.  Mom, McKinley and I headed off to Jen's house for my shower.  It was absolutely amazing and I feel totally and utterly loved.  All of the hosts were awesome, especially my incredible sis-in-law, Melissa.  That girl is something else and the most generous person around.

The location was perfect.  The weather was perfect.  The food was perfect.  It was just great.  Here are a few pics from the shower...

 Jen in her amazing backyard.  I wish I would have gotten pictures of the food at the start.  I totally forgot until later to take any!  






 The generous gifts! 

 Melissa did an awesome job on the decor! 

I had decided that I wasn't going to post pics of the presents, but I just had to!  The outfits are so cute that I had to share.  I can't wait to dress little miss in them! 

 The amazing present pile!  I won't have to get diapers/wipes for months!!!  
 Love the matching outfits!! 
 Cutest little outfits! 
 More adorable clothing!
 And more...
And more! 
 Kelsey knitted McKinley leg warmers and gloves.  So special! 
 Some things from my Tulsa crew!
 Obviously there were moms there, because I received the comfiest jammies and chocolate!  They know what a new mom needs! 
 No one forgot Rosie in all of this!  She has loved all of the special books, toys, etc.  McKinley got Monroe the little play cookware set in the top right corner.  She seemed pleased that her little sis knew her so well.  

It took mom and me practically all day to put everything away!  What a blessing to have such wonderful, loving, and generous friends!  We are definitely blessed!  Kiki slept through the whole event.  She does that a lot...sleep.  Here's a kind of blurry pic of my little sleeping beauty.  I can't tell you enough how much I adore this little kiddo.  She's just the sweetest little person.  


My other little lady is doing much better.  I do think she might be getting her two year molars.  That would account for changes in sleep pattern/grumpiness.  It is probably a nice mix of both.  I'm glad to see that she seems to be doing better, though.  What an answer to prayer!!!

Tomorrow I'm really going to try and figure out my new camera.  At this point I feel very overwhelmed. There are so many buttons, etc. that I don't know that to do first.  I need to sit down with the manual and the internet and learn this puppy.  Hopefully I will be putting out amazing pictures before you know it. 

Tonight, Mark and I took Rosie on a ride in the girl's new wagon!!!  That was definitely Monroe's favorite thing from the shower.  Thanks Murrill's!  We all love it!  Rosie sang at the top of her lungs the whole time.  It was hilarious.


On Sunday night, our washer broke.  Of all times!!!  I have so much laundry to do.  I never thought that the tiniest little person could contribute such a large amount to our laundry pile, but she sure does.  We have someone coming tomorrow afternoon.  I am praying it's an easy fix, because I really need to do some laundry!!! 

Well, I am exhausted.  I doubt any of this makes sense, but you will probably need to bear with me for awhile.  Thanks!  Love you! 

No comments: