Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Home Alone

This post was actually written on Monday evening, but I was too exhausted to post it.  Yes, it only takes pushing the "publish post" button, but my exhausted finger couldn't handle it.  I will try to be better at keeping up, but it's hard to make any promises.  Two kids are pretty time consuming!  

Well, today was the day.  The day my parents left and Mark went back to work.  My first day with both girls all day long.  I was very scared leading up to it.  Very scared indeed, but it really went surprisingly well.  Did it go perfectly?  Nope.  Do I feel more confident?  Definitely.  There were times when both girls were screaming their heads off, but it didn't last long and I know, with a little time, we will figure out a schedule and get on track.  I feel pretty good.

My parents' visit was great.  It was so wonderful being together and was awesome having their help with both girls.  Monroe absolutely adores them both and had so much fun with "Nana" and "Papa".  We didn't do anything super exciting.  In fact, we laid pretty low, which was nice.  We did venture to Sabbath School and Church for the first time since Kiki was born.  It was very uneventful!  Rosie did so well.  She sat through all of Sabbath School and colored/drew through most of Church.  It was like she grew up over night.  I was so proud.  The girls wore matching dresses, but I didn't get ONE picture of them. I will have to put them back in them and reenact the whole thing.

On Saturday night, my parents watched both girls so that Mark and I could have a date night.  We never do things like that.  I don't remember the last time Mark and I have had time completely to ourselves and we have decided that with the new one's arrival, we really need to do it more often.  It was so fun.  We ended up painting pottery.  We used to do that pretty often when we lived in Tulsa, so it was great doing it again.  We laughed a lot and just enjoyed each other's company.  I really have a hottie for a husband.  I think it's super easy to stop looking at your spouse that way.  I want to be better at looking at him as the handsome, intelligent, charming man that he is.  I all too often take those things for granted.

After painting, we went to P.F. Changs because we were both craving lettuce wraps.  It was a perfect night.

 Working on my bowl.  
 The master painter!  He really is good.  Mine has so many imperfections and his is absolutely perfect! 
 We wanted them to coordinate.  Can't wait to see how they turn out after they are put in the kiln! 
Isn't he the cutest? :)  

We have been completely blessed by our friends during this transition into parenting two kiddos.  Mike and Melissa surprised us with a giftcard to Panera and catering from Shelley, Kelsey brought by the yummiest dinner of potato soup, salad and bread, and Nicole surprised us with the most beautiful caramel apple pie today.  We have such wonderful friends!

Rosie is doing much better with Sisterhood.  She loves being around Kiki and really can't get enough of her.  She has been so helpful.  Her favorite thing to do is to take all of the dirty diapers to the trash.  She takes her job very seriously.  She is still the loudest child this side of the Mississippi, but we are working on that.

She has taken a renewed interest in milk.  Since sister is constantly drinking milk, she feels that she too must drink milk...constantly.  We are going through cartons like they are water.  If I were you, I would purchase stock in soy milk today.  There will no doubt be a surge in it's worth during the next few weeks.

Update:  Monroe has kind of taken a step backward.  She still loves Sissy, but she has started throwing some really naughty fits.  Usually when she is tired.  We are hoping that with discipline and more sleep we can get these under control quickly. 


McKinley is the sweetest baby.  I can't get enough of her.  I am working on getting some pictures made of her.  Hopefully very soon.  She is just adorable and oh so tiny.  She's just perfect.  I can't wait for you all to meet her.

I will leave you with some pics I've been meaning to post.  They are all of Rosie.  I will do a whole post on Kiki really soon!

 Kelsey came over and braided Rosie's hair!  So cute:) 
 Having fun with Kelsey!  Isn't Rosie looking like such a big girl?!  She's so tall.  
 Mark and I had fun trying to "feather" Monroe's hair into a lovely 80's look.  I love her pose here.  Mark said it is very "George Castanza".  
 Monroe's signature smile!  
We tried hot rollers today for the first time.  It's part of being a woman in my family.  I guess she's come of age.  


No comments: