Friday, August 12, 2011

Never too late to nest...

Girlie came early and my nesting instinct never quite kicked in.  In fact, I think I had a "messy everything up really good" instinct that came in there at the end.  When I brought McKinley home, I was pretty sad that my house wasn't as tip top as I had hoped.  Well, luckily nesting has hit me with a vengeance.  I'm so glad to have my mom here, because she watches Monroe and I can clean, clean, clean!!!

I spent hours on our bathroom yesterday.  It is spotless and completely disinfected.  I think it is cleaner than when they built it.  It feels so good to have that done.  It's been a thorn in my side for a really long time.  It was embarrassing, but once again, not enough to make me do anything about it.  Now, I find myself going in to the bathroom just to admire.  I know that's weird, but it really is lovely and smells so fresh.  

I also spent some time on the kitchen floor.  I am going to work on the wood floors today and try to clean out a few of my drawers.  Hopefully, I will get all my goals met.  

I don't know if I have ever mentioned it, but I am a small scale hoarder and I really want to stop.  Some days I get the urge to throw everything away, but that goes quickly.  When I go through my stash of stuff I come upon things from grade school, high school and college.  I just can't seem to let go.  They all represent memories for me and it seems horrible to throw away a memory.  I do feel very overwhelmed by all of the useless stuff we have.  Stuff we haven't used in years, but for some reason I can't tear away from myself.  So anyway, in the next few weeks, I am going to try and really scale back.  I want to live more simply and uncluttered.  I don't need 300 pairs of shoes when I only wear about 30.  I don't need 20 white undershirts when I really only like a few.  I just have to keep thinking logically and I think I can do it.  I especially want to get all of our things in order in case we move.  I would hate to have to pack and then turn around and unpack junk!  

Another thing on the agenda is to get some pics of the girls.  Hopefully with my parents help, it can be accomplished.  I am so glad they are here to help.  They have been wonderful and made life so much easier.  Rosie seems to be doing better, but definitely is A LOT more emotional than normal.  She breaks down pretty easily, so I really have to watch her nap schedule, etc. 

I weighed myself today and that's another goal I have to add to the old list.  I have lost some weight, but I have a ten pounds left to be at my pre-preg weight, not that I was super content with the start weight.  I really am trying to not overeat and to make sure I am staying active.  I really don't have to try and stay active.  The girls do a good job at that one:)

Well,  I better start working on my "TO DO's".  Hopefully, I can report to you tonight that I was able to accomplish at least few of the items.   


No comments: