Friday, August 26, 2011

It's her party and I'll cry if I want to...

So fess up, who called Monroe and told her she was two yesterday?  Somehow she got the memo about the "Terrible Two's" and totally bought into it.  She was absolutely horrible from the time she woke up to the time she went to bed.  I called the Guinness people and it turns out that she was only one tantrum shy of being in their book.

She was so bad that I actually broke down and cried during her make-shift birthday party.  That was after she spilled my whole plate of food on the ground after I had just told her to leave all of the food alone.  That was also after her 101st tantrum of the day, a no nap afternoon and so many timeouts I lost count.  It was just too much for me to handle and the tears came.  After crying a little, I must admit, I felt much better.

So, other than that, it was a great day:)  Let me backtrack a little.  We ended up going to a little place called Kiddle Klub Lane in the midmorning with Mom Murrill, Melissa and the boys and Nicole and Ezra.  It just so happened that we were the only people there, so it was almost as if I had rented the place out for Rosie's birthday.  I like to think I did, although I did no such thing.  The kids had a great time.  It really was a cute little place and I would definitely take Rosie back if we were going to be here any longer.

Here are a few pics from our little outing...

 My Little Two Year Old!!!
 Ezra, very excited that he spotted a truck! 
 Doing a little light cooking
 She has learned from her daddy, The Grill Master!
 The Mrs. Murrill's...and Max! 
 Mason, the fireman! 
 I tried very hard to get a picture of her in this outfit and this is the best I could do.  She's not a fan of the camera lately.  
 This made me laugh.  A very intense stare down between Monroe and the dog. 
 My naughty girl:) 
 Mason, exploring his inner dancer! 
 McKinley hung out in there the whole time! 
Ezra, enjoying some yummies with Nicole! 

After a rousing tantrum and a time-out in the bathroom, we decided we needed to get home.  Like I mentioned in an earlier post, we decided to barbeque at our house for Monroe's b-day and we needed to do a little prep work.  I started feeling guilty for not doing much for her birthday and figured I needed to decorate a little.  I used a vintage duvet cover for color inspiration and ran to Jewel for balloons and crepe paper.   I pulled some frames and stuff together when I got home and created a very simple table display.  I sewed up some ruffled streamers and I also made some cupcakes.  

She seemed completely and utterly amazed and pleased with how it all turned out, so I've decided I should no longer freak out and plan really detailed birthdays.  Rather I will just throw them together at the last moment. Here are a few pics of the decor...








After a wonderful dinner lovingly prepared by Mom Murrill and the Grill Master himself, we sang happy birthday, opened gifts and ate cupcakes.  The bubble machine from Auntie Nicole was a HUGE hit and created lots of entertainment.  The kiddos had so much fun with those bubbles! 

Monroe loved all of her gifts and actually gasped when we brought in her kitchen.  This made me so happy.  I know there will be hours of play to be had with all of her fun new things! 

 Max enjoying his corn!
 Monroe equally enjoying hers. 
 Candle time! 
 Yummy!  
 The BIG 2!!!
 He seemed to enjoy the cupcakes. 
 Opening gifts
 Her new kitchen! 
 Auntie Melissa got Monroe the cutest outfits and these ADORABLE panties!  She loved them so much that she had to put them on ASAP!
 Just one pair wasn't going to cut it...she had to wear two.  
 Bubble Time! 
 Maxy Max! 
 Pure Joy! 
 More Bubbles! 
 A solemn bubble moment
 Can you tell they are excited?  
What about now? 

So, there you have it!  It truly was a hard, but wonderful day.  Luckily, Monroe realized that her mother was very close to going out and finding the nearest circus to sell her to, because she was a perfect angel today.  I mean absolutely delightful.  We haven't laughed so hard at her in so long.  It was very refreshing to have the normal Monroe back.  

This morning I took Monroe to her doctor's appointment.  Turns out my child is an Amazon Woman!  If you remember, Monroe started life out in the 5th percentile.  Until now her percentages had followed a pretty steady pattern of being in the 50th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for height.  Well, this time she shot up to the 70th percentile in weight with 28.3 lbs and 90th percentile in height at 36 inches.  They say if you double your child's 2 year old height, that's a good indicator of what their adult height will be.  I'm no mathematician, but that would make her 6 feet tall!  Wowzer!  I'm not saying that is a very scientific or even accurate method, but what if?!!!  

The doctor was so pleased with how she was doing.  Monroe still doesn't love the doctor, but she did pretty well...until the shots came.  She had to get two shots in her thighs and had to have her finger pricked for her iron check.  She didn't like it one bit, but she did try to be as brave as possible.  We ended up stopping on our way home and getting her a little treat for her bravery.  I got her a huge bag of smarties.  Now this treat was equally for me, as I love smarties and felt that I deserved them after my day yesterday.  

Well, I better head to bed.  I have a little hungry person to feed and I'm pretty tired.  I am still working on my birthday letter to Monroe.  I figure it's okay to be a bit belated since she probably won't really read it any time soon.  

Love you all!  




No comments: